General Petraeus

General discussions about anything.

General Petraeus

Postby Brian » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:40 pm

So here's a question for everyone.

What do you think of General Petraeus's resignation? Do you think it was justified?

Personally, my take on it is that you can't allow someone to remain in an intelligence position (especially one that high up) when they've proven that they can allow themselves to be compromised. He could've been blackmailed, she could've been an agent seeking information, etc. (There's already evidence she had classified documents she's not allowed to have.)

What do you think?
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Re: General Petraeus

Postby silverpop » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:49 pm

yes i do cause he couldn't keep it in his pants and that could be used against him if he kept the command and would endanger many lifes basicly if you are going to run something make damn sure you keep your other brain in check
expect the unexpected

15 yrs unoffically

1997-Present
silverpop

Postby Brian » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:01 pm

silverpop wrote:yes i do cause he couldn't keep it in his pants and that could be used against him if he kept the command and would endanger many lifes basicly if you are going to run something make damn sure you keep your other brain in check

That's how I feel about it, too. To me, this isn't just a morality question. One could argue that that part is between him and his wife. The more important part is that he could get blackmailed, or leak intelligence through "pillow talk". That has consequences far beyond his marriage.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Boba » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:35 pm

I agree with you both. But how do you reconcile this with Bill Clinton? He was Petraeus' boss right?
Boba
Contributor

Postby Millennium » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:20 am

Brian...I seem to remember you didn't think Clinton should have resigned, over the Lewinski and several other accusations...and some of those were proven to be right.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Return to 24's Open Talk