Black farmers still waiting for justice

Re: Black farmers still waiting for justice

Postby dotherightthing » Thu May 27, 2010 5:19 pm

They shouldn't be getting anything anyway!

Give somebody something for crying and they'll never stop!
dotherightthing

Postby Librtyhead » Thu May 27, 2010 8:33 pm

What did the Government owe them for? Not subsidizing their farms? Not filing out proper forms? Not getting government backed loans for farm equipment? What is the gist of the complaint?..............
Librtyhead

Postby Librtyhead » Thu May 27, 2010 8:46 pm

So they missed the filing deadline and were shutout...............Ok.

Ah-Ha!

This "settlement" is emblematic of everything wrong with the current state of Government in the United States. It is rife with corruption, crony-ism, racial exploitation, and legislative pandering. If one is to wonder what is the motivating force behind the phenomenon of the Tea Party movement, this case provides a strikingly clear illustration. . . .

There were only about 25,000 total black farms in existence during the period of the claims. Today there are over 70,000 claims........................I can just see were this is going.
Librtyhead

Postby Cynicalninja » Fri May 28, 2010 8:10 am

Librtyhead wrote:There were only about 25,000 total black farms in existence during the period of the claims. Today there are over 70,000 claims........................I can just see were this is going.

Yeah since the civil rights movement there has been a significant increase in the number of black farmers!

Who the hell do they think they are?

Damn black farmers and their equality under law!

:roll:
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby Cynicalninja » Fri May 28, 2010 8:13 am

lady cop wrote:
Librtyhead wrote:What did the Government owe them for? Not subsidizing their farms? Not filing out proper forms? Not getting government backed loans for farm equipment? What is the gist of the complaint?..............

$1.25 billion settlement owed to them after years of being denied government farm loans and support from federal programs because of the color of their skin.

you can google the case, Pigford II. :bootyshake:

Damn blacks still going on and on about centuries of inequality, why can't they just get over it and shut up?

:roll:
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby Librtyhead » Fri May 28, 2010 9:08 am

When the suit was settled there were 25,000 black farmers, they were given plenty of time to file a claim.
After the suit was paid off and many years afterwards that is when 45,000 more mysteriously showed up.
This is a sham. I would have no problem paying off the 25,000 (well yes I would because they never filed any claims but I will give them some credit) but were the heck did all the other ones come from?
If I was in an accident and the case was settled I would not be able to re-sue anyone.
Librtyhead

Postby dotherightthing » Mon May 31, 2010 7:00 am

If I'm going to have to pay for something my ancestors did, then I think they should pay for any crimes their ancestors did!

Anyone have suggestions on what us White Folk are owed?
dotherightthing

Return to Political Matters