I have a talent...

General discussions about anything.

I have a talent...

Postby Linnea » Sun May 16, 2010 1:57 pm

... for offending people without even trying. Someone in a game forum was freaking out, accusing everyone of attacking her, to which my one and only comment in the thread was "I don't see anyone attacking you. Maybe you should step away from your computer for a little while, go outside and get some fresh air."

My post was the only one deleted and a message from the mod asking us to remain civil and stay on topic. :rofl2:

I could go on... like when I commented on hulu about the first episode of Stargate: Universe: I was glad they had killed off the overbearing senator and made him into a hero doing so. Someone actually sent me a private message saying they hoped I never wished him dead early like that because he still had a lot of living to do. WTF?
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Re: I have a talent...

Postby Linnea » Sun May 16, 2010 2:18 pm

I've got another story... some guy I know from online had posted on facebook how he was taking his 13 year old daughter to some jazz show or something. One of his 'friends' posted this nauseating comment about what an amazing father he was, really laying it on thick. Well, I couldn't help myself, my inner snark came out and I wrote right after her about saccharine being bad for a person. The guy with the daughter took my post and ended up calling me a racist and all around shithead for thinking his daughter wouldn't be safe at a mostly Black cultural event and made a big production of telling me he was deleting me from his friends list because I was so toxic.

Huh? :scratch:
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Linnea » Sun May 16, 2010 2:45 pm

lady cop wrote:that 'friends' list stuff seems so high school. i am not your friend anymore!

:rofl2: That one cat's little paw trying to pat the bird butt cracks me up.

Damn, apparently the forum gets confused if two people try posting at once... I got an error message saying someone had posted since I had submitted after I just spent five minutes typing the damn thing and now it's not here. :banghead:
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Linnea » Sun May 16, 2010 2:50 pm

One more time...

Okay, so I started another thread at hulu about the latest SG-U episode.

Assuming we're hardwired toward a certain preference at some time in our lives, would the hetero personality riding a lesbian's body really be able to override the operating brain's preference? I'm thinking no.

It also occurred to me that if a brilliant person jumps into someone with a lower IQ, they wouldn't function as well as they had in their own brain.

Part of one of the replies:

...But I can transform your question into one that is more simply answered. How many people do you think would use the exact phrase "riding a lesbian's body?" Google says only one: you...

Was that a dig? Cuz that's kind of a weird comment. And the term has been used many times in Sci Fi, possibly not about lesbians, but I don't see why that would make a difference.

Me thinks I should refrain from posting online.
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Linnea » Sun May 16, 2010 2:54 pm

lady cop wrote:i've cross-posted and received that message, but it always asks if i still want to post after seeing the one that was just written.

Must've missed it. I don't need the forum second guessing if I want to post something I just spent half a :cussing: hour typing, though.

I'm gonna take some St John's wort, I'm getting cranky. :oops:
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Librtyhead » Sun May 16, 2010 5:34 pm

Freakin trouble-maker. :D
Librtyhead

Postby Librtyhead » Sun May 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Cranky nose pickin troll! :lol:
Librtyhead

Postby Millennium » Sun May 16, 2010 6:43 pm

The thing I find odd, is the fact that you didn't know it when the rest of us did... :bootyshake:
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby sledge » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Linnea wrote:I've got another story... some guy I know from online had posted on facebook how he was taking his 13 year old daughter to some jazz show or something. One of his 'friends' posted this nauseating comment about what an amazing father he was, really laying it on thick. Well, I couldn't help myself, my inner snark came out and I wrote right after her about saccharine being bad for a person. The guy with the daughter took my post and ended up calling me a racist and all around shithead for thinking his daughter wouldn't be safe at a mostly Black cultural event and made a big production of telling me he was deleting me from his friends list because I was so toxic.

Huh? :scratch:

Well looks like some people don't share in ur humor? at times i have made humorous posts as i tend to have a wacky sense of humor but some people don't get the humor. So u need to watch out. :lol:
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Return to 24's Open Talk