Phone hacking newspaper paid police officers for Info...

International Issues.

Phone hacking newspaper paid police officers for Info...

Postby MADNOTBAD » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:56 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/ju ... e-officers

For those oversea's members, it is a long story that culminated In the closing down of one of the UK's National Newspapers yesterday.

Their editor was previousley jailed for hacking the phone's of members of the Royal Family. High profile footballers and actors such as Hugh Grant also had their phones hacked but police turned a blind eye probably because they were rich enough to hire their own lawyers.
The News Of the World was nothing short of a cesspit of lies going back to the 60's when they were sued by Mick Jagger. Over the years, they became the most sued newspaper In the world yet the morons still queued up to buy the shit they printed. Owned by Rupert Murdock, their victems Included the leader of the British National party, Nick Griffin. The ploy there was to print downright lie's in the hope he would use up party funds In legal fee's leaving the party bankrupt. I remember almost wetting myself laughing at some moron who put a thread on about the burning of a golliwog on a bonfire from that paper. With absolutely no evidence, like many others In the UK, this poor deluded fool believed that If It was In a newspaper, then It had to be true. :rofl2:

While the police turned a blind eye It appears of the misery high profile celebs such as Hugh Grant suffered, there was even dirtier tactics going on behind closed doors.
The journalists from this rag were hacking Into the phones of murder victems and their families, even troops killed In Afghan.

Two arrests have been made today, one of which was media advisor to the Prime Minister, David Cameron.

Now It appears, some of these low lifes were paying police officers for Info..... beyond contempt !!!!
MADNOTBAD

Re: Phone hacking newspaper paid police officers for Info...

Postby Brian » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:30 pm

That really is deplorable, Mad! Hacking into anyone's cell phone is bad, but hacking into the phones of murder victims and soldiers is just beyond the pale! :WTF:

I hope they lock the lot of them up!
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby MADNOTBAD » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:10 pm

So do I Brian along with the corrupt police who It now appears sold Info to them.

It has now come to light that one of the victems of phone hacking was Milly Dowler. She went missing a few years ago aged 14 years old. During a Nationwide police search for her, It has now emerged that these journalists hacked Into her mobile phone to listen to her voice mail and read her texts. They also deleted her voice mails when It was full to allow them to get more. Her parents knowing there had been activity on her phone, hoped she was still alive some-where. To give those parents false hope was cruel in the extreme. Milly's body was found 9 months later..

Another victem was Jessica Chapman, murdered at 10 years old. They hacked Into her family's phones.
MADNOTBAD

Postby sledge » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:19 am

Its Big news here not good its shame of a few bad apples in the newspaper but its credibilty has slumped time to exit stage left. Phone hacking is like Big Brother at work only secret service are authorised to do that with approval but they do it anyway! :bs:
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Postby sledge » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:44 am

News of the World newspaper is no more and Rupert's in trouble (the man who wants to control all media and charge you for it). When its blown up Rupert and his family deny everything.

Murdoch Attacked At Hacking Hearing(with a foam pie and the attacker arrested)
sledge

Postby MADNOTBAD » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:14 pm

There was just no need for that attack. :sorry:

Whilst we all tut and complain about the hacking Into murder victims phones and paying police officers for Info, I feel we must all look to ourselves also In this case.

We have nations of people who love nothing more than to wallow In the misery of others and readilly snap up tabloids giving the most intimate details of some-one's life. It Is these twisted people who have created a demand for the very thing we are seeing now. Their desire to read about some-one's misery far outweighs decency until of course, It is them In the spotlight and being reported on In a bad light and suddenly they want privacy. If people actually got a life for themselves Instead of relying on tittle tattle In gutter press rags, there would be no demand. These reporters have come under more Increasing pressure to dish the dirt due to public demand for the sordid reports on people In the spotlight.

There should be prosecutions for those who hacked murder victims phones and the police need to prosecute those who were corrupt In helping them but until the public stops demanding this kind of gutter press reporting, there will always be some reporter who will do anything to get a story.

The public has created this and now the beast has escaped.
MADNOTBAD

Postby OpenMind » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:19 pm

I don't buy newspapers. That doesn't mean I never have, but I realised a long time ago I was just wasting money when I could just buy a good crossword and puzzle book. I've never been one for all that muck-raking and rumour-mongering.
Here in West Yorkshire, Wymetro provides a free newspaper on all the buses and trains. The news is straight reporting. The editors can't waste money on opinions or editorials, etc. But it covers a variety of subjects nonetheless - main news, arts, music, fashion, etc.
But there is a downside to the disappearance of The News of The World in that there's nothing to restrain corrupt politicians. After all, if the corruption wasn't there in the first place, The News of The World would not have had much weight.
OpenMind

Postby sledge » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:11 am

The Media has much influence especially when they in bed with Governments like Murdoch has been with the current british government and the previous one. I tend to stay away from gossip news but its everywhere you go in magazines, newspapers, TV , Radio . Now that News of the World has been caught with their disgraceful tactics in news gathering Murdoch and the British Government deny everything.

Murdoch won't go the jail but scapegoats like news of the world editor will cop the lot. I'm anti-Murdoch as he wants to control all news and charge you for it his biggest opponets are the BBC and ABC(who want news to be free and unbiased).

I do agree that guy shouldn't have thrown a foam pie at him but that scared his socks off! :lol:

Murdoch kinda reminds me of the villain from James Bond 'Tomorrow Never Dies film.
sledge

Postby MADNOTBAD » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:23 pm

sledge wrote:The Media has much influence especially when they in bed with Governments like Murdoch has been with the current british government and the previous one. I tend to stay away from gossip news but its everywhere you go in magazines, newspapers, TV , Radio . Now that News of the World has been caught with their disgraceful tactics in news gathering Murdoch and the British Government deny everything.

Murdoch won't go the jail but scapegoats like news of the world editor will cop the lot. I'm anti-Murdoch as he wants to control all news and charge you for it his biggest opponets are the BBC and ABC(who want news to be free and unbiased).

I do agree that guy shouldn't have thrown a foam pie at him but that scared his socks off! :lol:

Murdoch kinda reminds me of the villain from James Bond 'Tomorrow Never Dies film.
One of the reasons we see this mess In England right now Is due to not having the same laws as the US and Australia where Murdoch would not be able to hold and control more than 50 % of any corporation. Here he could hold 100 % and that's the only reason he Is here.

I read all my papers on line because I will not feed the likes of Murdock. I don't buy women's magazines either. They are full of shit and people who read the like's of 'Chat' magazine have probably had a full frontal lobotomy.
MADNOTBAD

Postby sledge » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:34 am

MADNOTBAD wrote:
I read all my papers on line because I will not feed the likes of Murdock. I don't buy women's magazines either. They are full of shit and people who read the like's of 'Chat' magazine have probably had a full frontal lobotomy.

That's good full frontal lobotomy! :goodpost:
sledge

Next

Return to Mad's British View