Uh Oh..NO Spaghetti-os??

Grow it, cook it, eat it, drink it.

Moderator: Marie5656

Uh Oh..NO Spaghetti-os??

Postby Marie5656 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:48 pm

About 15 million pounds of SpaghettiOs with meatballs are being recalled after a problem with production equipment led to “underprocessed” food, health officials say.

The recalled SpaghettiOs were produced by Campbell Soup Supply Company (Stock Quote: CPB) as early as December 2008 but may still be in the cabinets and pantries of homes across the country.

The recall affects SpaghettiOs with Meatballs, SpaghettiOs A to Z with Meatballs and Cars-themed SpaghettiOs Fun Shapes with Meatballs. Only those with use-by dates from between June 2010 and December 2011 printed on the bottom of each can are being pulled off store shelves, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

There have been no reports of illnesses related to the recalled SpaghettiOs, according to the USDA.

Routine inspections at a warehouse prompted an investigation that led to the discovery of the processing problem.

Consumers with questions can call Campbell's hotline at (866) 495-3774.

Separately, 29 people in 14 states have been diagnosed with salmonellosis linked to 13-ounce packages of Marie Callender's Cheesy Chicken & Rice White Meat Chicken and Broccoli over Rice Topped with Rich Cheddar Sauce.

Eight of those consumers reported eating the meal in April or May of this year, and there was a report of a related illness on May 22, the USDA says.

Concerned consumers can contact ConAgra Foods (Stock Quote: CAG) with any questions at 1-866-484-9610.

Marie5656
Global Moderator

Re: Uh Oh..NO Spaghetti-os??

Postby morningglory » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:10 am

Nobody is dead here yet & my kids love SpagO's...you would think the meat would be cooked when you put it in the pot...oh bother
morningglory

Postby Marie5656 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:20 am

:rofl2: You have a point there, Morning. Oh well..guess it is not a good week if SOMETHING isn't being recalled.
Marie5656
Global Moderator

Postby Linnea » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:05 am

I have no idea what they taste like now but they were HORRIBLE when I was a kid. And as an adult, I don't really see what's so hard about popping some pasta in boiling water and dumping some Ragu on top but then I don't have kids to worry about.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Marie5656 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:01 pm

The only person I remember enjoying Spaghettios was my niece..wheb she was about 18 months old. It was one of her first grown up foods, and she would get them al over her face.
Marie5656
Global Moderator

Postby Cynicalninja » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Spaghetti in a tin is not spaghetti, my daughter would turn her nose up at tinned pasta.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Return to Marie's Kitchen