life between the the civil war battles

Digging up all kinds of treasure.

Moderator: silverpop

life between the the civil war battles

Postby silverpop » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:36 pm

these are rare photos of life between the civil war battles, they show families traveling with soldiers roughing it, these were people who saw the battles and the aftermaths

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_newsroom/ ... en-battles
expect the unexpected

15 yrs unoffically

1997-Present
User avatar
silverpop
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:10 am
Location: abilene tx

Re: life between the the civil war battles

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:22 am

silverpop wrote:these are rare photos of life between the civil war battles, they show families traveling with soldiers roughing it, these were people who saw the battles and the aftermaths

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_newsroom/ ... en-battles

:woo:
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
User avatar
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Re: life between the the civil war battles

Postby silverpop » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:58 am

these families saw history made, major and minor battles they saw it all but the downside is they most likey lost fathers, sons, husbands and friends in those battles

after seeing all that death you would think they would lose it but seems most kept strong and made it though the hardships they faced

wonder how many of us could face the same thing and make it though sane?
expect the unexpected

15 yrs unoffically

1997-Present
User avatar
silverpop
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:10 am
Location: abilene tx

Re: life between the the civil war battles

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:17 am

silverpop wrote:these families saw history made, major and minor battles they saw it all but the downside is they most likey lost fathers, sons, husbands and friends in those battles

after seeing all that death you would think they would lose it but seems most kept strong and made it though the hardships they faced

wonder how many of us could face the same thing and make it though sane?


I think human beings are inherently resilient. There are a lot of people in America today who have experienced war and death. They've just experienced it overseas. I certainly wouldn't wish the experience on anyone, and I think anyone who goes through it is a hero almost by definition, but people who go through that rise to the occasion. If they don't, they die on the field, unfortunately.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
User avatar
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Re: life between the the civil war battles

Postby silverpop » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:34 pm

true

and give these people credit they helped rebuild the nation after the war despite the issues still facing them, it wasn't the govt that rebuilt the cities ,towns and plantations or fixed the rail and roads it was the common person


and sometimes these people got killed despite orders not to fight anywhere near them but that was a risk they were willing to face
to be with their friends and loved ones
expect the unexpected

15 yrs unoffically

1997-Present
User avatar
silverpop
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:10 am
Location: abilene tx

Re: life between the the civil war battles

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:52 pm

silverpop wrote:true

and give these people credit they helped rebuild the nation after the war despite the issues still facing them, it wasn't the govt that rebuilt the cities ,towns and plantations or fixed the rail and roads it was the common person


and sometimes these people got killed despite orders not to fight anywhere near them but that was a risk they were willing to face
to be with their friends and loved ones

:goodpost:

Well put.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
User avatar
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 pm


Return to Silverpop's Treasure Territory

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron