New Forum: Website Building

This forum is for those who want to build their own websites. Share ideas and ask questions.

New Forum: Website Building

Postby Brian » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Hi, Everyone.

I've started this forum for all those who want to learn how to build their own websites -- for business or pleasure. Please feel free to contribute here if you have tips, articles, or just questions about the website building process.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Re: New Forum: Website Building

Postby Librtyhead » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:15 pm

I have always wanted to build one but feel the time to do so would be to much. I only have time in short bursts and sparodic relaxing moments when I go on-line. But still in the back of my mind I know it can be done without constant supervision....somehow without shooting my own foot. :)
Librtyhead

Postby Brian » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:24 pm

Librtyhead wrote:I have always wanted to build one but feel the time to do so would be to much. I only have time in short bursts and sparodic relaxing moments when I go on-line. But still in the back of my mind I know it can be done without constant supervision....somehow without shooting my own foot. :)

What kind of site were you thinking about building, LH? :) It doesn't really need to take a lot of time or money. It just takes a little know-how. :D

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Millennium » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Brian wrote:
Librtyhead wrote:I have always wanted to build one but feel the time to do so would be to much. I only have time in short bursts and sparodic relaxing moments when I go on-line. But still in the back of my mind I know it can be done without constant supervision....somehow without shooting my own foot. :)

What kind of site were you thinking about building, LH? :) It doesn't really need to take a lot of time or money. It just takes a little know-how. :D

There's all kinds of chap software out the, I use Webeasy Professional..it does a great job, has several templates and is easy to publish, design and modify.

All you need is a domain, and you're set.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Librtyhead » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:52 pm

Brian wrote:

I dont know, maybe a site dedicated to my super-human spelling ability and maybe my extra-super weird musings about everyone elses lives and serious inquires about bugs and stuff. :dontknow:
Librtyhead

Postby Brian » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:46 pm

Millennium wrote:
Brian wrote:

There's all kinds of chap software out the, I use Webeasy Professional..it does a great job, has several templates and is easy to publish, design and modify.

All you need is a domain, and you're set.

I've always been somewhat wary about HTML editors. I know I probably shouldn't be, but I'm nervous about doing all but the most simple work with it. The last HTML editor I used was FrontPage, and that really put a lot of garbage code in the page. I'm sure there are better things out there by now, though.

How well does Webeasy Professional do with things like coding Javascript, Mill?

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:48 pm

Librtyhead wrote:
Brian wrote:

I dont know, maybe a site dedicated to my super-human spelling ability and maybe my extra-super weird musings about everyone elses lives and serious inquires about bugs and stuff. :dontknow:

If it's just posting straight text and pictures (e.g., no dynamic content, no commerce involved) you could probably learn what you need to know in a day, LH. The hard/fun part comes when you need the pages to be dynamic or connect with databases somehow.

Brian
Site Admin

Return to Website Building