M[]nti-irti and the M[].t-wr.t-cow.

Atoms to zygotes: past, present & future.

Moderator: Brian

M[]nti-irti and the M[].t-wr.t-cow.

Postby cladking » Tue May 25, 2010 12:24 am

As many know Ive been working on a theory since the old open forum at CU about how the pyramids were built. I believe I've found extensive evidence that they had a naturally pressurized water which they used in counterweights to lift the stones. But it's not merely the evidence but tha simple fact that they said they had water and named this water Osiris and that it was Osiris who built the pyramids. I find it quite surprising that this wasn't known long ago but much of the evidence is difficult to see because it seems irrelevent and very far fetched. Poor Flinders Petrie was so flabbergasted by the presence of a canal to transport water from the pyramid base to the cliff face that he required a sentence with 93 words just to not call it a ditch or a canal.

While I consider the case I've made extremely solid it seems to be mostly getting brushed off by the poowers that be in Egypt. The head of the SCA did mention it once as "other unscientific theories on the internet".

Since my last post I've made more progress including another set of evidence which seems sufficient of itself to disprove orthodox theories on the subject. But there have been so many of these seemingly sufficient arguments I've nearly lost track.

I've known for some time that the water sprayed up through the Eye of Horus and it had a sycamore trunk called a djed on top of it. This directed the water straight up through the "Upper Eye of Horus" above it. There was a structure to hold this opening called the M[].t-wr.t-cow and this with all its equipment directed the water to the lower distribution node (queens chamber) through the mn-canal. The equipment was pretty basic really. There were long poles which hung down into the upper eye so that when the water flowed these poles would wave wildly. The ends were wide and painted brightly and were called the variegated feathers of the M[].t-wr.t-cow by the builders. They also used grease, musilagenous myrhh, and natron in a mixture that was applied here to degas the highly carbonated water to make it safe for handling on the pyramid top. This was at 80' and was called the []b[]w by the builders. It's mistranslated as "heaven" now, I believe.

It's been only very recently that I figured out who M[]nti-irti is. The clues are very sparse and indistinct. This was a God who was said to be the brother of Osiris. It appears he was the God of the M[].t-wr.t-cow. Having a male God of a female thing was no problem for the Egyptians since even gender changed based on the part of an object they were talking about. Egyptologists believe the ancients chiseled the exact samne grammatical mistakes into one wall after another but actually these so called errors are just a hole in the understanding. The M[].t-wr.t-cow was feminine since she took water from the djed but she was also masculine in that she provided water to the pyramid. Curiously egyptologists believe this is the Mehet Weret Cow from long after the great pyramid building era. Mehet Weret Cow means "great celestial cow". They say they it channeled the water of the abyss in order to make the king live forever. Well, D'uh. The pyramid was the ka of the king who lives in heaven. To build this ka water was a necessity.

Oh, and by the way M[]nti-irti means "one with two eyes". That would be the upper and lower Eyes of Horus.

Then comes the biggie. I've read the works on trhe tombs and mastabas of Giza. These are guys who built the pyramid, right. These are guys who knew how the pyramids were built. Orthodox thought says they used ramps and ramps would require ten tinmes as much effort to build as the pyramid itself. I would expect to find about ten times as many graves of ramp builders as pyramid builders. If these guys were really primitive savages dragging stones up ramps and believing it made sense to build a headstone for a king who could walk through walls then doesn't it follow that the jobs of these people would reflect such?

Instead what we have is hundreds and hundreds of titles and not a single one that suggests ramps. This is sheer madness to believe ramps can have existed in a vacuum. Instead what we actually have is a "Builder of the Boats of Neith". Neith was the Goddess of the west side of the pyramid if you believe what the builders actually said instead of how people believe they meant it. Boats were needed to build pyramids. So we also have a "Controller of a Boat Crew". Not a captain but a someone who directed a boat crew. These guys had an "Inspector of the Metal Workers". Now these are big shots mind you or they wouldn't be buried up here with the king's family and confidants. There's a "Controller of the Workshop". There's even a guy whose job was "Weighing/ Reckoning". You don't reckon how many men you'll need to drag a stone up a ramp but ancient myth says a priest laid a piece of paper (papyrus) on a styone in the quarry and then it flew to the pyramid. Well, D'uh. You don't know how much ballast you need in each move till you know what it weighs. Manetho said stones moved up to the pyramid 300' at a time and that's exactly the lenght of the counterweight runs on the cliff face. There's a "Priestess of the Sycamore" , two of them actually. Sycamores were used for djeds (among other things maybe :)) and they needed tall straight ones. This isn't the way sycamores are prone to grow so one of the noblewomens' jobs was to tend or find proper trees. There's even a "Controller of the Side of the Pyramid". If you think about this a while you'll probably agree that the implication is the side was clear which means no ramp.

Just to put this in perspective a little all the other jobs are not directly related or meaningful to the way pyramids were built. In other words there were many hundreds of important people and a mere handfull were building the pyramids. These people distinctly and repeatedly said that the Gods built the pyramids and this is why there are so few jobs related to construction relatively few men were needed. Many of these people in the cemetaries died with a secret. Khufu's own brother had this fact carved right into the wall of his tomb. The Pyramid Texts is crammed full of allusions to some secret.

This was no big secret or anything but most people were not aware of the science of CO2 geysers nor were they acquainted with the gas given off in fermentation and bread making; I[].t-wt.t, which means "gas of yeast". The Egyptians knew this gas and knew it was deadly. They even said they collected four jugs of the efflux that fell from Osiris and buried it under Giza. Most of the builders just saw the water that poured forth from the M[].t-wr.t-cow and took it for granted like we do now days when we turn on a faucet. But these geysers were difficult to drill and highly susceptible to vandalism. They simply didn't advertise their nature.

The Egyptians were not primitive savages who wrote spells to get the king to heaven. These are more like poems to be read aloud to those who came to see the old king off at his ascension.

All the evidence seems to be in agreement that there were no ramps and water was used to lift the stones.
cladking

Re: M[]nti-irti and the M[].t-wr.t-cow.

Postby cladking » Tue May 25, 2010 5:04 pm

lady cop wrote:Clad, please forgive the obvious and perhaps silly question...why would those huge stones not sunk like...well...a stone?
i do love your erudite theories!
and your new avatar! :D

I'm not certain of the question.

There were massive stones hauled from far upriver on barges. These were the aswan granite that was used in 60 ton slabs for the roof of the king's chamber and the 15- 25 ton pieces of tura limestone that came from the other side of the river by canals. Obviously these were big boats.

The typical stone that comprises the bulk of the Great Pyramid was only 2 1/2 ton. I believe these were strapped with four or five on each load to a device they knew as the ascender. This rode a well lubricated path right up the side of the pyramid. It was pulled up by a counterweight which they called the []nw-boat in which Osiris in his name of Seker sat. Osiris was the geyser and Seker was "chief of pdws (lifts)". Seker rowed Horus to the horizon (at the top of the pyramid). The []nw-boat was said to be shaped like the dorsal carapace of a grasshopper (http://www.sidney.ars.usda.gov/grasshop ... s/fig8.jpg). It needed this shape to withstand the rigors of moving up and down many times laden with up to 20 tons of water. It was easily repaired (with short pieces of wood) and pitched to hold water. It was easily turned upside down at the end of the run so it could be quickly reset. They had to have more than a stone per minute at the pyramid top to complete this in 20 years and they couldn't do this trying to drag stones up ramps. I've also found very conclusive evidence that ramps weren't used in the photographic evidence. There's nothing to suggest ramps.

It's my favorite avatar anywhere. I'm using it on another site too but it won't jump and hoover there.

Thanks.
cladking

Postby cladking » Mon May 31, 2010 1:13 am

lady cop wrote:thanks, i have a clearer picture now. i wish you could illustrate it for us. :)

I like your new avatar.

Believe it or not I typed out the longest post I think I ever typed along
with references and citations. It was a fairly good one and I lost it when
I inadvertently hit "save" instead of "submit". Here's a less detailed
version that's pretty new and a cut and paste from another site;

So far as I know it's my own theory alone though there's
nothing new under the sun.

It's a really simple concept. I believe they had water
at 80' above the pyramid base. This water was stored in
a large pool on the pyramid top as they built.

There was a counterweight on the North and West sides
that could hold up to about 20 tons of water. This counter-
weight was at the "windows" of heaven at the very top of
a lubricated ladder. This ladder was a row of smooth stones
that went straight up the side of the pyramid. The coun-
terweight was held at the top of this ladder by a heavy
rope that went straight over the top of the incomplete py-
ramid and down the opposite side to a container full of
the heavy stones. The weight of the stones hold the emp-
ty counterweight at the top of the ladder. A canal (The
winding waterway) takes water from the pool in the center
of the pyramid to the top of the ladder and it is allowed
to flow into this counterweight. When the weight of the
counterweight exceeds the weight of the stones it begins
falling and lifting the stones to the top.

The water is collected by the huge water collecting device
at the base of the pyramid and transported to three more
large counterweights on the northern cliff face mere yards
away from the pyramid. These CW's fall 300' down the cliff
face and drag stones up from the quarries to the pyramid
base.

This whole process is nearly automatic and merely requires
men to operate and maintain the equipment. Initially the
biggest pyramid they could build using this technique was
a mere 200' tall and exceeded in size EVERY SINGLE ONE of
the little pyramids built after the 4th dynasty. But they
improved on all the techniques as they learned and event-
ually succeeded in building G1 which required more than 15
times as much lifting as the first great pyramid. This was
mostly the result of little changes and improvements to the
system as time went by.

For instance one of the biggest improvenments was in quarry-
ing. With the first pyramid they were lifting dozens and
dozens of little stones in each lift. It not only took a
little more time to load the ascender but it required a lit-
tle more effort to quarry the stone. Eventually someone
said why not use bigger stones and lift fewer at a time.
This allowed them to build bigger with less effort.

These weren't massive projects that required the entire out-
put of a nation and wore out every able bodied man dragging
stones up ramps. These were much smaller projects which
were mostly built by the Gods which is what the builders
literally said. This is why the cemetaries aren't filled
with ramp overseers and ramp workers. This is why there
are very few pyramid workers at all; the Gods built them.
Seker sat in the boat of the morning and lifted the king
to heaven.
cladking

Postby cladking » Mon May 31, 2010 12:07 pm

No, but it sure would be nice. There are some things that would just be easiest
to see for myself.

I hear tell that the Egyptians run off a few people like me at the airport but
this might be exaggerated.

I've got to see if I can get my sister to make some sketches and get them posted.
cladking

Postby cladking » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:59 pm

I finally found old Minty-irty from after the time of pyramid building. They
changed his name to Khenty-irty just to throw me. I usually avoid reading
what others have come up with but all I had were the five usages in the PT
and nothing else.

"With two eyes in front’ is a translation of his name. This seems consistent
with the concept of catching the water from the lower eye in the upper eye.
The eyes are "the front" as the Egyptians used this term. "In front" meant
preceding in time or "at the forefront" to Egyptians. The m[]t-wrt-cow was
backward but the God of the cow was not. Then there's this;

“The Golden Falcon who snatches things in the voids of the sky,”

This certainly can apply to the God of a device that catches water at 80' to
provide lift to build pyramids.

“I am a soul who eats his navel-string, who lives on his friends of his foreskin
and who eats of his companions,”

Minti-irty is born of the upwelling water. The water standing in his upper
eye is his navel-string and he eats it to make the king live forever. But the
water is also the phallus of Osiris and Babi.

“I am one who travels by night and who hides by day.”

At night the water keeps the firepan burning and during the day only the wa-
ter flowing from the m[]t-wrt-cow is seen.

I'm still digesting a lot of new information but this sure seems supportive to me.
cladking

Postby cladking » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:07 am

Another little tidbit;

The M[].t-wr.t-cow became a piece of jewelry which women wore
in later times. Belive it or not this jewelry had a counterweight with it!!!
cladking

Postby cladking » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:33 pm

I just lost another long post to a "string error"
cladking

Postby cladking » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:56 pm

I can't seem to post here. I've tried another and it is rejected.

Come on, how can the software know it's that bad.
cladking

Postby cladking » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:58 pm

I did save it this time.
cladking

Return to Brian's Science & Nature Shack