Chrome unseats Safari

Forum to discuss computers and computer-related technology.

Moderator: Brian

Chrome unseats Safari

Postby sledge » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:06 pm

I like my chrome and grown used to the browser.
Google Chrome last week unseated Apple Safari for the first time as the third most used internet browser in the United States, according to new figures.

"This is quite a coup for Google as they have gone from zero to almost 10 per cent of the US market in under two years," StatCounter chief executive Aodhan Cullen said.

Globally, Chrome remained in a solid third place with 9.44 per cent of the browser market and slowly closing the gaps with second-place Firefox, which had slightly more than 31 per cent, and IE with 52.78 per cent.

"There is a battle royal going on between Google and Apple in the internet browser space (Chrome vs. Safari) as well as in the mobile market (Android vs. iPhone)."

Chrome had 8.97 per cent of the US browser market in the week that ended Sunday, topping Safari's 8.88 per cent, StatCounter reported.

Safari lost an approximately 1.5 per cent lead it had on Chrome two months earlier.

Firefox remained the second most popular with 28.48 percent of people using the free, open-source browser. Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) reigned supreme with 52 percent of US Internet users surfing with the software.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/techno ... -zgey.html

What Browser do u use the most and why?
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Re: Chrome unseats Safari

Postby Barmaley » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Google is evil the way microsort is.
Barmaley

Postby spot » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:47 pm

What browser do I use the most and why? I think my basis of choice is the availability of third-party add-ons I trust and find useful. At the moment they're the Mozilla Firefox selection. I like to be able to filter both photo and flash adverts off my screen universally, and to add to the photo ban list with a simple right-click. I also have a right-click reverse search on web images which will show me where else they appear on the Internet, and convenient IP/DNS/WHOIS displays.

It's a close call between Firefox and Lynx as to which I use most though, I spend a lot of time in Lynx for speed of navigation and the uniform appearance it provides.
Image Pioneer100© Member
spot

Postby Brian » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:07 pm

I use Chrome most of the time. I have to use Firefox when I publish to the Kindle Desktop Publishing platform, though.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby sledge » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:09 pm

I mainly use Chrome and find it quite fast and hardly ever crashes and it updates itself unlike IE and can add apps also automatically logs me into my fav sites(like this forum). Also I use Opera which is quite good now with plenty of extras and quite fast. :thumbleft:
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Postby jassoncook » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:34 am

Globally, Chrome remained in a solid third place with 9.44 per cent of the browser market and slowly closing the gaps with second-place Firefox, which had slightly more than 31 per cent, and IE with 52.78 per cent.
jassoncook

Return to Computers