What the hell is it with recent versions of Firefox??

Forum to discuss computers and computer-related technology.

Moderator: Brian

What the hell is it with recent versions of Firefox??

Postby Brian » Wed May 26, 2010 5:28 pm

For some reason, my Firefox sessions have slowed way down recently. I usually have a lot of tabs (~ 10) open, and it's never been a problem before, but now it's really bogging the system down after I upgraded to the latest FF. I'm using Google Chrome for now, until I can figure out :WTF: the deal is...
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Re: What the hell is it with recent versions of Firefox??

Postby Brian » Wed May 26, 2010 5:45 pm

lady cop wrote:i went to firefox a couple months ago and am starting to have problems. lots of errors, errors here at 24, pop-ups saying my internet cables are disconnected ..HUH?? they are NOT, all kinds of crap. and constant "page has timed out". i don't like IE8, don't want to go back to it, but i'm getting annoyed. so maybe it's not just me as i was wondering.

Those time out errors sound like your line's just slow, LC. One thing you might try is hitting a page with Firefox and then hitting it again with IE8 to see if there's any difference. There shouldn't be, usually. I think the problem I'm having has to do with the way Firefox handles memory, but your problem seems to be a connection speed one.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Wed May 26, 2010 6:18 pm

lady cop wrote:i tested my speed, it's faster than a speeding locomotive or bullet or superman!

If it's 24 that you're having the most problems with, it might be a problem between you and that site. I dunno. But you should still test in both browsers to diagnose the problem, I think.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Millennium » Wed May 26, 2010 6:30 pm

No problems here with Firefox..I tested my download speed and it's 23.1 Mb and the upload it 4.3Mb ..I'm mot having any problems with 24 at all.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Return to Computers