Handicapped Parking Spaces

This is a forum dedicated to the discussion of issues for and about the handicapped or disabled, and related issues.

Moderator: Brian

Handicapped Parking Spaces

Postby Brian » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:55 am

Hi, Everyone.

This is just a post to say, if you're in a parking lot, and you see a handicapped parking space, but you don't have a handicapped license plate or a tag, please be considerate of others, and don't take it.

Thank you for your attention. :D
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Handicapped Parking Spaces

Postby Brian » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:34 am

lady cop wrote:and if you're NOT considerate of others, your sorry arse will get a ticket and large fine. :mrgreen:

I wish this was true, LC. Unfortunately, a lot of people do seem to get away with it. :evil:

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:33 pm

lady cop wrote:i always watched for that and would give warnings, but i would not advise people to challenge those who park in the handicapped spots. there are too many dangerous loonies out there. however, lots of people who do not appear to be handicapped are in fact. they really need to have the sticker or tag.

I have to admit, I'm one of those people who's handicapped but doesn't have the plate or tag. Honestly, the damn thing isn't easy to get -- especially when you have transportation issues in the first place. But I'd have to agree with LC. It's not worth challenging someone over and getting shot.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Marie5656 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:45 pm

I totally agree, Brian. I have a tag, but will pass on using it if I am having a particularly good day..which is more often than not.
Marie5656
Global Moderator

Postby Brian » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 am

Marie5656 wrote:I totally agree, Brian. I have a tag, but will pass on using it if I am having a particularly good day..which is more often than not.

Good point, LC. I really need to get one of those hang tags.... Damn.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Millennium » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:53 am

Brian wrote:
lady cop wrote:i always watched for that and would give warnings, but i would not advise people to challenge those who park in the handicapped spots. there are too many dangerous loonies out there. however, lots of people who do not appear to be handicapped are in fact. they really need to have the sticker or tag.

I have to admit, I'm one of those people who's handicapped but doesn't have the plate or tag. Honestly, the damn thing isn't easy to get -- especially when you have transportation issues in the first place. But I'd have to agree with LC. It's not worth challenging someone over and getting shot.

I have tried to get my dad a tag..he broke his back some 40 years ago and is a paraplegic, but he'll be damned if he'll go get the tag...
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Marie5656 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Mil
My brother was the same as your dad for a while. He had two major heart surgeries, is type 1 diabetic and can barely walk 50 feet some times, and it took him years to break down and ask his doc for a tag. Me..I am the opposite. When I first knew I would be having hip surgery, and got my cane, I asked my doc for the tag. I am such a baby.
Marie5656
Global Moderator

Postby Boba » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Marie5656 wrote:Mil
My brother was the same as your dad for a while. He had two major heart surgeries, is type 1 diabetic and can barely walk 50 feet some times, and it took him years to break down and ask his doc for a tag. Me..I am the opposite. When I first knew I would be having hip surgery, and got my cane, I asked my doc for the tag. I am such a baby.

That's not being a baby at all Marie, That's what they are for. Now, if you heal and are all better, which hopefully will happen, and you continue to use it out of convienience, then you are cheating the system and deserve a good spanking!
Boba
Contributor

Postby sledge » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:52 pm

As I transport some aged persons and Disable to shopping Centres i really need those Disable parking tags. Here in Australia they are monitored by parking rangers and cope a hefty fine if u don't display those tags. My Brother in law took one of my tags as he was transporting my mother in law to for an medical appointment which the Mother in law is entitled too but decide to use it for his personal business and received a $200 parking fine for illegal use. That will teach him and others. :idea:
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Postby Brian » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:13 pm

sledge wrote:As I transport some aged persons and Disable to shopping Centres i really need those Disable parking tags. Here in Australia they are monitored by parking rangers and cope a hefty fine if u don't display those tags. My Brother in law took one of my tags as he was transporting my mother in law to for an medical appointment which the Mother in law is entitled too but decide to use it for his personal business and received a $200 parking fine for illegal use. That will teach him and others. :idea:

I really wish the fine were heftier, Sledge. Here in the U.S., I see non-handicapped people (or at least, non-tagged cars) in the handicapped parking spaces, and it makes me want to take a leak on their front grills, to be honest. :angryfire:

Brian
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Handicapped Parking Space