Handicapped Parking Spaces

This is a forum dedicated to the discussion of issues for and about the handicapped or disabled, and related issues.

Moderator: Brian

Re: Handicapped Parking Spaces

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Brian wrote:
lady cop wrote:i always watched for that and would give warnings, but i would not advise people to challenge those who park in the handicapped spots. there are too many dangerous loonies out there. however, lots of people who do not appear to be handicapped are in fact. they really need to have the sticker or tag.

I have to admit, I'm one of those people who's handicapped but doesn't have the plate or tag. Honestly, the damn thing isn't easy to get -- especially when you have transportation issues in the first place. But I'd have to agree with LC. It's not worth challenging someone over and getting shot.

Whatever happened to ladycop?? All her posts are gone!
Anyway, I'm the same way. Last visit to the VA, as I painfully cane hopped my way back to my vehicle, a spry quick guy gets into his handicapped marked car in the handicapped place and drives off. How the hell did he get the tag when this old gimp can't get one?
I have to sit to play my guitar most of the time. :guitar1: :guitar1: :guitar1: :guitar1: :guitar1: :guitar1: :rockon:
Before every action and decision think of the consequences 7 generations into the future....Ute Rule of Life
Quicksilver

Postby Brian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Quicksilver:

It's a long story with LC. Basically, she and I had a disagreement about whether a member should be here. She decided she didn't want to be a member anymore if she couldn't be a mod. So she left, and she deleted her posts.

As far as the tag goes: It should be easy enough for you to get one. I had to show up at the DMV with two forms of ID and a doctor's note to get mine, IIRC. (I got one about a year ago.)
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Recently, I ran into another spry lad with disabled plates who was an Afghan vet, and he said with my 80% (100% from unemployability) I should be able to ask my VA doctor (actually a Nurse Practitioner) for the letter, then the hassle of MVD 40 miles away. I can still walk, a ways. It just gets me when guys that can move better than me get the tags. Others, too, who aren't disabled veterans and can walk much better than me. I mean, they have to lie to their doctors and the DMV, with no consequences.
This real disabled veteran from real combat would like to just deck people like that.
:angryfire: :cussing: :protest: :x :boxing: :uzi:
Before every action and decision think of the consequences 7 generations into the future....Ute Rule of Life
Quicksilver

Previous

Return to The Handicapped Parking Space