It's Sunday. This must be Diane.

This forum is for anything that doesn't neatly fit into the other open forums.
Forum rules
Please keep any and all discussions respectful of other members.

Re: It's Sunday. This must be Diane.

Postby Kazoo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:11 pm

Wisdom in that 2 bits.

I'm not looking to "replace" anything but the fun we had.
And not just sex. (I can BUY that within 3 miles of the house)

I presently have a lady FRIEND who is a gem. She has a "boyfriend" which is cool with me but we go places and watch movies and generally have a good time. She bought her dying friend a ring just to cheer her up. We sometimes "hang out" daily. It's cool and we're both really clear on where we are.

I'm not hasty. I'm VERY upfront about NO MARRIAGE... yet. And PROBABLY ...never.

The online perusal is fun and I am meeting some nice ladies who have varied interests and if it takes 2 more weeks or 2 more decades, it's okay with me.

Thanks for the input. I learn from every experience.

:)
Kazoo

Postby Kazoo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:14 pm

I just "connected" with one today. Her interests include poking around old towns and just relaxing and reading. We are meeting next week after she finishes up her remodel of her horse ranch.

There are a thousand neat people on the way to your soulmate. And you could stumble into one on the way.

Attitude is everything.
Kazoo

Postby Kazoo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:18 pm

lady cop wrote:so are you SURE that woman was running from the 'mosquitoes'?? :P
(courtesy of Linnea. heh.)

What? Linnea's ....chicken?
:rofl2:
Kazoo

Postby Millennium » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:02 pm

This is sad thread for me...for the reason most are aware of..
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Kazoo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:48 pm

Millennium wrote:This is sad thread for me...for the reason most are aware of..

I'd swap with you. Even ill, I would take her back and skip all this shit. Godspeed to both of you, Mill.
Kazoo

Postby Millennium » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Kazoo wrote:
Millennium wrote:This is sad thread for me...for the reason most are aware of..

I'd swap with you. Even ill, I would take her back and skip all this shit. Godspeed to both of you, Mill.

I agree, I was so sorry when your wife passed. I was at the hospital at the time with mine and she was struggling with the tumors that were causing her bowel obstructions. When your wife passed, it really hit home for me, and I cried most of that day. I am so, so very sorry. They say it gets better......but it's hell until it does.
God bless you, and hang in there.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Kazoo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Yes. The hell is that it will happen to EVERY couple. You're never ready, but it happens.
NOTHING is as devastating.
Recovery is tough and you carry the memories forever.

Not a cheery post, but necessary. I'm reluctant to carry on, but I refuse to drop the sharing and concede to death and loss.

It's been my observation that the better the marriage, the easier the ability to find perspective. It comes from the lack of guilt over having to question how you treated her. I would guess you do as much as possible and she knows it.

She's pleased with that.
Kazoo

Previous

Return to General Talk