I want to become a Ninjaphile

This forum is for anything that doesn't neatly fit into the other open forums.
Forum rules
Please keep any and all discussions respectful of other members.

Re: I want to become a Ninjaphile

Postby Cynicalninja » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:01 am

Please Brian, don't let common sense, logic and historical fact spoil yet another session of anti-British venting from Frank.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby 24HourNut » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:09 am

I think I am correct in stating how their culture was not born out of a struggle for individual freedom like America's was. I understand the Queen doesn't have a lot of real power, but I do believe I am correct in saying it is still a strong symbol of our differences. Most Americans would rather vomit than acknowledge royalty having power over us "because the Gods chose them" or due to who had sex with who.
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Cynicalninja » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:10 am

Most British people would rather vomit than acknowledge that the royalty have any power over us because they don't.

Please try and shed the obvious chip on your shoulder you have because of our richer culture, history and tradition, it doesn't become you.
Cynicalninja

Postby 24HourNut » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:10 pm

I think your culture is based upon the concept of Government first, subjects last ... and the defense of that culture through attempts to hold colonies but then wind up as you are today. You're damn right that doesn't become me.
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Kazoo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:10 pm

"ATTEMPTS" to hold colonies speaks volumes of the wisdom of ruling elites.

A testament to inbreeding and reverence for tradition over judgment.

Even ...I... wish the Brits had never let the colonies "go."

(to hell)

no safe haven.... nowhere...
Kazoo

Postby Brian » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:20 pm

24HourNut wrote:I think I am correct in stating how their culture was not born out of a struggle for individual freedom like America's was. I understand the Queen doesn't have a lot of real power, but I do believe I am correct in saying it is still a strong symbol of our differences. Most Americans would rather vomit than acknowledge royalty having power over us "because the Gods chose them" or due to who had sex with who.

If you want to start talking about "who had sex with who", do the names Bush and Clinton come to mind? Hell, even going farther back to the Adams family, there was obviously nepotism involved there. And I believe there was a Lincoln who entered politics after his father Abraham (although he wasn't nearly as successful).

An don't get me started on the Kennedys.

The divine right of kings went by the wayside centuries ago.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Kazoo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Haaappyyy ...birrrrrrthhdayyyy.... yourrrrr.... highnessssss.

:lol:
Kazoo

Postby 24HourNut » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Brian wrote:
24HourNut wrote:I think I am correct in stating how their culture was not born out of a struggle for individual freedom like America's was. I understand the Queen doesn't have a lot of real power, but I do believe I am correct in saying it is still a strong symbol of our differences. Most Americans would rather vomit than acknowledge royalty having power over us "because the Gods chose them" or due to who had sex with who.

If you want to start talking about "who had sex with who", do the names Bush and Clinton come to mind? Hell, even going farther back to the Adams family, there was obviously nepotism involved there. And I believe there was a Lincoln who entered politics after his father Abraham (although he wasn't nearly as successful).

An don't get me started on the Kennedys.

The divine right of kings went by the wayside centuries ago.

The examples you give couldn't hold a candle to the problems and culture associated with royalty BS.
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Librtyhead » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Damn those 'leggings"..........they make everyone look like a fag but back in the day they were "fashionable". look at Douglas Fairbanks now there is a mans man! Mr. Mollycoddle himself could not hold the match that lit the candle there.
Librtyhead

Postby Cynicalninja » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:48 am

24HourNut wrote:I think your culture is based upon the concept of Government first, subjects last ... and the defense of that culture through attempts to hold colonies but then wind up as you are today. You're damn right that doesn't become me.

Please continue to delude yourself with daydreams of how free you believe you are and of how much better you believe things are in America than they are in the UK.

I will content myself by paying the 60p a year the royal family costs me set against the millions upon millions of pounds fat Americans pay every year into my countries economy to gawk at them.

Entrance fees are in pounds sterling by the way, your dollars are worthless here (literally).
Cynicalninja

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk