[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
24hourforums.com • View topic - POLL - How many of you know....

POLL - How many of you know....

This forum is for anything that doesn't neatly fit into the other open forums.
Forum rules
Please keep any and all discussions respectful of other members.

Did you know what a Shopsmith was when you saw this thread?

Yes - someone I know owns one, or I do.
33%
No - have no idea what you're talking about.
67%

Total votes : 9

POLL - How many of you know....

Postby sirlamre » Mon May 10, 2010 9:30 pm

... what a shopsmith is?

I'm just curious how many forumite know...

I've encountered a varying level.

No cheating --- answer honestly, even if you do Google next...
sirlamre

Re: POLL - How many of you know....

Postby Librtyhead » Mon May 10, 2010 9:31 pm

I know and no I prefer component parts easily movable.
Librtyhead

Postby Millennium » Mon May 10, 2010 10:13 pm

My son in laws' father owns one, he's a builder.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Boba » Mon May 10, 2010 11:47 pm

My sister's "X" has one. I didn't like it too much. It does a whole bunch of stuff OK, but none of it great.
Boba
Contributor

Postby sirlamre » Mon May 10, 2010 11:54 pm

thanks guys!

Picked up a 10ER for $25 at GoodWill (of all places)

Turns out from the Shopsmith forums, that it dates from the second year they were ever made --1949

It's an original and extremely vintage Magna Engineering 10ER model, with all the pieces except for the blades and bits.
Those, I'm getting on Ebay slowly but surely.
I've got about $100 invested now, and the prices I'm seeing for SS10ERs in this condition are upwards of $350.

It'll be a better drill press than anything I have now - that's for sure, and most definitely quite the sanding gear.

I also got a 1932 Companion (pre-Craftsman) bandsaw for $25 that day.
If I can hook the two together some way, I can have a very useful single-piece of gear equipment.

I also have an early 70s Craftsman 60"x36" deck table saw -- that mother is ENORMOUS - weighs over 200lbs
I tend to agree with Lib, for the most part, though the space savings may make the Shopsmith useful, the Craftsman
is a FAR better table saw ==
sirlamre

Postby Boba » Mon May 10, 2010 11:57 pm

Boba
Contributor

Postby Cynicalninja » Tue May 11, 2010 7:27 am

I'm not American and I have no idea what a shopsmith is.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby Linnea » Tue May 11, 2010 7:31 am

I am American and I don't know what a shopsmith is.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Cynicalninja » Tue May 11, 2010 7:32 am

Having looked online we would call something like this a workbench in the UK.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby Linnea » Tue May 11, 2010 7:34 am

Well no wonder I've never heard of it.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Next

Return to General Talk