Unprofessional Behavior?

This forum is for anything that doesn't neatly fit into the other open forums.
Forum rules
Please keep any and all discussions respectful of other members.

Re: Unprofessional Behavior?

Postby Linnea » Thu May 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Millennium wrote:
Linnea wrote:You yell at people that wait on you at stores and restaurants to relieve stress?

I can tell you when I get sloppy ass service that I pay good money for, I let it be known to the person that is in error.. I'm not a horses ass, and I don't cause a scene, but I let the people know in a professional way that their behavior is not acceptable, and I am pretty sure they weren't trained in that manner.

I can tell you the owners of a business do not like that behavior either. In the case of Walgreens, I can bet the owner of the Walgreen franchise wouldn't be too pleased either.

You disagree?

That's not the issue.

You said: "It sounds to me like a guy that has been under a lot of pressure, and needs to vent...Been there myself." Try venting on an exercise bike if you're in a bad mood. You could find fault with anything if you're in a crappy mood. You disagree?
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Postby mariej » Thu May 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Linnea wrote:Cool, maybe we'll get to see a red faced, veins-bulging-in-his-neck-from-screaming video of Saint on youtube soon.
:woo:
If we're lucky he'll break into the pharmaceutical hallucinogenics.
mariej

Postby Millennium » Thu May 06, 2010 11:14 pm

Linnea wrote:
Millennium wrote:
Linnea wrote:You yell at people that wait on you at stores and restaurants to relieve stress?

I can tell you when I get sloppy ass service that I pay good money for, I let it be known to the person that is in error.. I'm not a horses ass, and I don't cause a scene, but I let the people know in a professional way that their behavior is not acceptable, and I am pretty sure they weren't trained in that manner.

I can tell you the owners of a business do not like that behavior either. In the case of Walgreens, I can bet the owner of the Walgreen franchise wouldn't be too pleased either.

You disagree?

That's not the issue.

You said: "It sounds to me like a guy that has been under a lot of pressure, and needs to vent...Been there myself." Try venting on an exercise bike if you're in a bad mood. You could find fault with anything if you're in a crappy mood. You disagree?

Who said it had to be a bad mood? You can be under a lot of pressure and still be in a good mood...But sometimes, someone doing something entirely wrong is just that, wrong, and it'll piss you off. Have you ever been in traffic and have someone pull out in front of you? Go through a drive in window and they get your order all screwed up?..You may have been in a great mood before that happened, and the act triggered the release. That's all I'm saying.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Cynicalninja » Fri May 07, 2010 7:24 am

Pharmacies in the UK aren't like pharmacies in the US. In the US they look like 7/11's that happen to distribute medication, in the UK they are dedicated to medication and medicines only, you can't buy detergent and crappy toys at pharmacies in the UK.

They do very much feel and look like a true extension of the doctors surgery (they are often located right next to GP surgeries).

In the case in the original post I wouldn't have been particularly impressed or happy and I probably would have made a sarcastic comment, but as long as the pharmacist measuring out and distributing my medication hasn't got a hotdog in one hand and my pills in the other I would have let it go. Its a pharmacist counter not an operating theatre.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby Marie5656 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:24 am

Geesh, when I worked as a counter person, we could not even have water up with us, much less food. From having been on both sides of the counter, I know what is good behavior toward a customer..and bad. I will go out of my way to complement a counterperson who has treated me well...but will also bring up something I feel is inappropriate to a supervisor, as Saint did. I can remember going through a grocery store line and the cashier had SERIOUS body odor...like she had not showered in several days. I did not say anything to her, to not embarass her in front of other customers..but did bring it up to a supervisor.
Marie5656
Global Moderator

Postby Millennium » Fri May 07, 2010 10:57 am

Marie5656 wrote:Geesh, when I worked as a counter person, we could not even have water up with us, much less food. From having been on both sides of the counter, I know what is good behavior toward a customer..and bad. I will go out of my way to complement a counterperson who has treated me well...but will also bring up something I feel is inappropriate to a supervisor, as Saint did. I can remember going through a grocery store line and the cashier had SERIOUS body odor...like she had not showered in several days. I did not say anything to her, to not embarass her in front of other customers..but did bring it up to a supervisor.

I can assure you, the owners of said business, appreciate the frankness of customers that are willing to come forward.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby cladking » Fri May 07, 2010 10:34 pm

I think the girl's behavior was inappropriate. I tend to overlook this sort of thing unless I see an actual problem like them still eating as they count or fill the prescription or if she were to touch anything inside the container without washing her hands. I wouldn't fault someone else for complaining. Her whispering to a coworker was exceedingly rude but I normaslly allow people's karma to get them for rudeness; it always will. The manager's response was even more out of line but easier to forgive since no one admits errors any longer.

I wouldn't fault you for any of it. I'd have handled it differently but it's good that people complain as everything continues to spiral down and business tries to get away with more and more dishonesty and "cost savings".

It's a damn shame more people aren't a lot more vocal when they buy crap at the supermarket that is just ruined because of all the water that's pumped into it. It's getting impossible to even find decent fish any more. Hell! It's not even really fish since it's more water than fish.
cladking

Postby Linnea » Fri May 07, 2010 10:36 pm

I'm mostly water and I'm still running along okay.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Postby mariej » Fri May 07, 2010 11:27 pm

I just go to the local fish market and buy it fresh caught from the ocean. I don't know how good thats going to be anymore with all the pollutants, however.
mariej

Previous

Return to General Talk