Can any one help me with this?

Helping you help your pets.

Moderator: Linnea

Can any one help me with this?

Postby MADNOTBAD » Wed May 05, 2010 4:38 am

We get much American TV here In England and frankly It beats the pile of shyte we get.
I regually watch a channel late at night here called CBS somethingorother. :dontknow:
Two nights ago, there was a fabulous documentary on about one of the US prisons and their in-mates. Now I have no idea of how old the Doc and being a div at the time did not make a note of the name of the prison.
A colony of cats appeared at some point in this prison. One by one, the US most violent criminals took to these cats. Each In-mate has their own cat and a truck stops by once a month for the in-mates to buy cat food etc. The prison has some of the US most violent criminals who have a history of being violent to other in-mates especially those serving life and those in gangs. Yet, these guys had become so attached to their cat that they did not dare risk getting into trouble for it meant solitary and not being able to care for their cat. The love and affection shown to the cats by these terribly violent in-mates was just awesome and stats show that since they allowed the in-mates to care for a cat each, violence inside the prison has fallen.
Does any-one know what prison this is as we'd really like to send a small donation.
Ta very much.
MADNOTBAD

Return to Animals & Pets