The Arizona Immigration Law

Re: The Arizona Immigration Law

Postby Millennium » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:02 pm

lady cop wrote:i'm fairly sure that the original bill said that anyone could be asked to show their ID ("papers") without having probable cause/or committed any offense. that's what all the protest uproar is about. that it would allow 'profiling' based on appearance alone.

This is from Newsbusters:

What fewer people have noticed is the phrase "lawful contact," which defines what must be going on before police even think about checking immigration status. "That means the officer is already engaged in some detention of an individual because he's violated some other law," says Kris Kobach, a University of Missouri Kansas City Law School professor who helped draft the measure. "The most likely context where this law would come into play is a traffic stop."

The new change says this:

Another change replaces the phrase "lawful contact" with "lawful stop, detention or arrest" to apparently clarify that officers don't need to question a victim or witness about their legal status.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Millennium » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:40 pm

Brewer's spokesman said that makes it clear that police cannnot question people just on the suspicion they're illegal immigrants.

Do you actually think it'll stop the protests against it?..I don't. It's all about the votes.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Millennium » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:49 pm

lady cop wrote:
Millennium wrote:Do you actually think it'll stop the protests against it?..I don't. It's all about the votes.

no it won't. and tomorrow is supposed to be a big day of demonstrations in 70 towns/cities.
the deputy who was shot in the prior page posts is expected to live. the fugitives are at large and reports say they have fired at helicopters. this is not helping gain sympathy for illegals!

Nope.......
Millennium
Contributor

Postby 24HourNut » Sat May 01, 2010 1:12 pm

Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:Cute! But I wouldn't want to be like Mexico, so ...

You totally missed the point...again.

Just because I recognize that Mexico is different in some negative ways doesn't mean I didn't get the point. That was just wishful deflecting on your part, sorry.
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Millennium » Sat May 01, 2010 2:09 pm

24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:

Just because I recognize that Mexico is different in some negative ways doesn't mean I didn't get the point. That was just wishful deflecting on your part, sorry.

OK...so you chose to ignore the point..I see.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby 24HourNut » Sun May 02, 2010 8:11 am

Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:

Try to process this a little slower to increase the chance of you getting it. I get the point, I am not ignoring the point - I am reflecting upon the fact that I am glad America is not like Mexico despite certain benefits of certain policies in a certain context. Acting like someone does not get something or is ignoring something because they do not express the same sentiments as those on your side of the fence is the classic sign of fanaticism.
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Millennium » Sun May 02, 2010 1:30 pm

24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:

Try to process this a little slower to increase the chance of you getting it. I get the point, I am not ignoring the point - I am reflecting upon the fact that I am glad America is not like Mexico despite certain benefits of certain policies in a certain context. Acting like someone does not get something or is ignoring something because they do :cussing: not express the same sentiments as those on your side of the fence is the classic sign of fanaticism.

Nobody wants to be like Mexico...that was never the point,you tried to deflect the topic to something off handed. You didn't fool anyone. So, I gather you are against the Arizona bill?
Millennium
Contributor

Postby 24HourNut » Sun May 02, 2010 2:24 pm

Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:

Try to process this a little slower to increase the chance of you getting it. I get the point, I am not ignoring the point - I am reflecting upon the fact that I am glad America is not like Mexico despite certain benefits of certain policies in a certain context. Acting like someone does not get something or is ignoring something because they do :cussing: not express the same sentiments as those on your side of the fence is the classic sign of fanaticism.

Nobody wants to be like Mexico...that was never the point,you tried to deflect the topic to something off handed. You didn't fool anyone. So, I gather you are against the Arizona bill?

More fanaticism blocking the door for normal conversation. There are plenty of people who think we should have policies like Mexico's to give them a taste of their own medicine. I for one am glad we are not like them and do not want to adopt their policies. I hope you got it now.
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Millennium » Sun May 02, 2010 2:38 pm

24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:

More fanaticism blocking the door for normal conversation. There are plenty of people who think we should have policies like Mexico's to give them a taste of their own medicine. I for one am glad we are not like them and do not want to adopt their policies. I hope you got it now.

You're still talking in circles..are you against the Arizona bill? A simple 'yes' or 'no' will work here. It sounds like you are against the AZ bill, and hence US Govt law on the matter. Correct?
Millennium
Contributor

Previous

Return to Political Matters