Right Wingers Less Intelligent than left Wingers - Study

Right Wingers Less Intelligent than left Wingers - Study

Postby Saint » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:53 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... acist.html

It just makes sense, racism dies in the light of reason and flourishes in ignorance. As does hatred. The (extreme) right wing puts out both those messages. For example, I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said, "Impeach the Monkey" referring the majority-elected President Obama and combining hatred and racism in one short statement.

Over the years, the most racist children I have dealt with, (and there have been some real doozies), have been, almost without exception, the children of extreme right wing parents.
Saint

Re: Right Wingers Less Intelligent than left Wingers - Study

Postby Millennium » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Saint wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2095549/Right-wingers-intelligent-left-wingers-says-controversial-study--conservative-politics-lead-people-racist.html

It just makes sense, racism dies in the light of reason and flourishes in ignorance. As does hatred. The (extreme) right wing puts out both those messages. For example, I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said, "Impeach the Monkey" referring the majority-elected President Obama and combining hatred and racism in one short statement.

Over the years, the most racist children I have dealt with, (and there have been some real doozies), have been, almost without exception, the children of extreme right wing parents.

That's odd...most of the dimwitted people I interact with are liberals.....and they prove it constantly day in and day out. In fact, a lot of the liberals that voted for Obama and the Democrats are pretty illiterate....There are a lot of minority racists out there, saint....and I'll be willing to bet your yearly paycheck, they aren't right wingers....
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Brian » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:54 pm

I think racism is bipartisan. You can fit racism into either side of the ideological spectrum, if you have a mind to. It also depends on how you define "left" or "right", though. Certainly, there are people who vote Democratic who have racist agendas for their votes, just as there are people who are Republicans who do the same. The difference is that the right has (generally) a different way of talking about race than the left does. Tolerance on the right (or what you might call tolerance) takes the form of "I don't care what race you are", while tolerance on the left takes the form of "These differences matter and should be celebrated". It's a different mindset.

As far as intelligence, I think you can find intelligent people on both sides, and, again, it's a matter of definition. And from what I read in the article, it sounds to me like the authors of the study didn't even feign objectivity, so I don't know how much credence you can put in it.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby foxglovepress » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:10 pm

I don't put much "logic" or real intelligence into this so called study. I've found that a lot of successful people are very intelligent, and are often higher up the ladder in the business world. Many have had to use their brains to get where they are, and when they see the illiterate, the druggies, the lazy, the illegals, the crooks, etc., etc. USUALLY they notice most of those people are of the same mindset....... They all meet in court, jail, food line, welfare office, etc. so they become friends. Now before everyone says I'm being a racists, I'm stating a fact. The fact is, people who are intelligent have NO problem with people who have the same ambitions. Doesn't make any difference what race or sexual preference. I'm not saying intelligent people don't end up in food lines or the welfare office. I will say they sure as hell won't become accustom to the life and they will get out!!
Justice for Mark....ship the illegals out!
foxglovepress

Postby Brian » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:57 pm

FGP: I think you're right. I've seen a lot of people of all races become ne'er-do-wells. If someone is of that mindset, it doesn't matter how much help you give them.

As far as the study goes, I think the problem with it is that it takes two sets of data points (intelligence at age 11 and opinions at age 33) and tries to establish a causal relationship. Without examining the rest of the person's life, how is that possible? For that matter, how does one know that the person's intelligence hasn't changed over time?

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Millennium » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:23 pm

The writer took a predisposed opinion and used data in an unprofessional method to arrive at a decision he had already assumed.....not very scientific, but a good tool for those that are in similar mindset...
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Quicksilver » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:10 pm

I agree Millenium. Saint is a real head in the sand corker. :guitar1: :uzi: :angelbn:

"It just makes sense, racism dies in the light of reason and flourishes in ignorance. As does hatred."
Actually, it depends on experiences over time with other races and types. Look at enough most wanted photos. Who has robbed the most in your family. Who is in the most photos of druggies, criminals, welfare rolls, and stayed behind to be rescued in say New Orleans. Over time hear about statistics on percentages dependent on the government, guilty of crimes including misdemeanors. Look at the over-breeding rates, with the resultant environmental effects.
Enlightenment shows that there are scientists of all races, and we should not judge a person by color alone. Yet, we can not ignore the general tendencies and facts, either. :thumbleft:
Before every action and decision think of the consequences 7 generations into the future....Ute Rule of Life
Quicksilver

Postby Brian » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:52 pm

Quicksilver:

The things you're talking about are not racial. They're mostly socioeconomic.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby foxglovepress » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Saint, maybe we should take a good look at the word "racist". Back when I was a kid growing up, it was people against the blacks. I was taught to be kind to all good people no matter what color. Now that right there is the "catch". ALL GOOD PEOPLE. Today, if I don't like an illegal for coming into my country and taking our hard earned money, I'm called a "Racists". If I don't want my grandchildren hanging out with "drug dealers" who just may be mexican or black, does that mean I'm a "Racist"? How about when the mexican's come to my country and demand or expect to fly their flag here, and that we put everything in their language and it pisses me off. I'm called a "Racist". I use mexicans because I don't see any other Nationality demanding we speak their language nor do I see any other Nationality wanting to fly their flag. So there goes the "Racist" in me right out the window! Does that mean I'm not very intelligent? How about this.....I'm not only intelligent, I have morals, I'm not lazy, and I know right from wrong?? Like I was trying to explain before, just because you don't like what's going down does NOT mean your a racist and it sure as hell doesn't mean your "Less Intelligent". It means you don't like the people doing wrong! You know, the word RACIST has been abused so much by the liberals or Left Wingers, I really don't care that much if I'm called a racist. The left Winger has "changed" the meaning. I think I'm smarter than that, and I don't play their game......
Justice for Mark....ship the illegals out!
foxglovepress

Postby Millennium » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:18 pm

Well in today's times, being a racist just means you disagree with Obama. To them it has nothing to do with policy or his outlandish actions since in office, you're just a racist. That doesn't explain our objections to Biden, Pelosi, Reid etc......
Millennium
Contributor

Next

Return to Political Matters