Is Santorum Out of His F***ing Mind?

Re: Is Santorum Out of His F***ing Mind?

Postby Millennium » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Brian wrote:
Millennium wrote:Yeah...I can't vote for Santorum....it won't matter anyway. he won't be the nominee...

I hope you're right. My hope is that people will come to their senses before the convention. For me, the nightmare scenario is the Republicans get to the convention, and either Santorum or Jeb Bush end up running. Jeb Bush sounds like a genuine moderate compared to Santorum, but I think it's going to be another 30 years before anyone with the name Bush gets back in the Oval Office.

I agree...My personal choice would be Newt......I think the person that wins is going to have to be able to deal with the Democrats in the Senate and Congress, Newt isn't scared of them and is savvy when it comes to politics. He has a few skeletons, but hell, they all do,and I can live with his.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Brian » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:24 pm

I actually like Newt, too. I think he might be a hard sell for independents, but he's smart, and you know he's not amateur hour like these other two.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Saint » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Hmmm... Car industry saved? Check. Country saved from Depression? Check. Out of illegal war in Iraq? Check. Killed Osama Bin Laden? Check. President whois well-spoken, calm, and Presidential? Check? Relations mended with our Allies? Check.

Ok, what's all this about President Obama not doing a good job? He's doing a GREAT job! :woo:
Saint

Postby Saint » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Brian wrote:I actually like Newt, too. I think he might be a hard sell for independents, but he's smart, and you know he's not amateur hour like these other two.

Yeah, let's overlook the fact that he is a corrupt, cheating weasel who slept around on every girl that he ever met, stole millions, and says delusional things like "Moonbase in two years".

This is the kind of guy you think would be good for the country? What is wrong with you guys? This year's rethuglican race shows exactly how bankrupt their party and it's policies really are.

Romney - "I don't care about the poor, my wife drives two Cadillacs, and I'll bet you $10,000 I have no idea what average American life is like." :sleepy:

Gingrinch - " Making millions on Freddy mac isn't lobbying because I am a serial adulterer, and children would make great janitors!" :angryfire:

Santorum - "Birth control is wrong, you're a snob if you want people to go to college, my Christianity is the only real Christianity, and Global Warming is junk science but Creationism should be taught in the classroom!" :scratch:

Ron Paul - "The world hates us, so let's isolate ourselves, we don't need no stinkin' FEMA for Hurricane Irene, I will ban all cancer screenings for women, and getting rid of minimum wage would help poor people!" :bs:

It's SHEER INSANITY!!! :WTF:
Saint

Postby Brian » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:15 pm

You know I like ya, Saint, so don't take any of this personally. :bigsmile:

Saint wrote:Hmmm... Car industry saved? Check.

How much did he actually have to do with that? Not terribly much, from what I can tell. The bailout started [urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry_crisis_of_2008%E2%80%932010#United_States]under Bush[/url].

Saint wrote:Country saved from Depression? Check.

What depression? If we were actually in a depression, and he got us out of it somehow, that would be something, but we were never in one in the first place. You might as well say he saved us from flesh-eating aliens.

Saint wrote:Out of illegal war in Iraq? Check.

The only reason we don't have troops in Iraq now is because he punked out and refused to let the Iraqis try the soldiers accused of war crimes. That's nothing to be proud of. Plus, the situation in Iraq might be deteriorating precisely because we withdrew precipitously.

Saint wrote:Killed Osama Bin Laden? Check.

Well, you have a point there, to a certain degree. Obama gets the credit, because the killing of Bin Laden happened on his watch, but the hunt for Bin Laden spanned two administrations. It's not as if all the leads that lead to Bin Laden happened under Obama. And it seems likely from the information we have that some of the intelligence that lead to Bin Laden's killing was gained through interrogation techniques Obama expressly opposed.

Saint wrote:President whois well-spoken, calm, and Presidential? Check?

A president's mannerisms don't count for all that much. If a guy is a blustery hick, but he gets things done, I'll take that over someone who's well-spoken but a pushover. (I'm not saying that Obama is a pushover. I'm just saying that eloquence and poise aren't the point of being president. I don't care how impressed other countries are with how well the man speaks.)

Saint wrote:Relations mended with our Allies? Check.

Well, this one I will take issue with. It's true we need friends in the world, but some would argue that Obama improved our relations with allies by abdicating our position in the world.

Saint wrote:Ok, what's all this about President Obama not doing a good job? He's doing a GREAT job! :woo:

I'd give him pretty decent marks for foreign policy (Libya, Egypt, killing Bin Laden) but not so much on domestic policy. The jobs programs he's pushed through have been far too limited. If you think it's the government's job to ease unemployment, you have to put people to long-term work, not just seasonal things or census work. And he's approved surveillance and detention policies that would've made Bush blush.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Saint » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:39 pm

Lalalala.... (Saint waits for Brian to pick apart his "Crazy Repuglican quotes" post.) :bigsmile:

Ah politics. :toast:
Saint

Postby Brian » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Saint wrote:Lalalala.... (Saint waits for Brian to pick apart his "Crazy Repuglican quotes" post.) :bigsmile:

You're going to have to point me to that one. :)

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Millennium » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:12 pm

I see Saint still will accept the things from Obama that he wailed on Bush about....Thank God Bush initiated the war on terror, or Osama would never been caught, The Democrats were dead set against it, remember? Now they want all the credit...lol...

Evidently Saint doesn't bother to ead the unemployment numbers, the immigration numbers, the debt numbers..I could go on, but it pretty clear to the majority of America now....

Her's a failed president....with the same old tired excuse.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Millennium » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:14 pm

and one other thing....When he was elected Saint and few others pointed to the fact that now the rest of the world would love us....they hate us now worse than ever....another failed effort on his part despite kissing the asses of every dictator in the world.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Brian » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:30 pm

Millennium wrote:and one other thing....When he was elected Saint and few others pointed to the fact that now the rest of the world would love us....they hate us now worse than ever....another failed effort on his part despite kissing the asses of every dictator in the world.

Well, Saint (and others who said th esame thing) were half-right on that. We're much more popular with the Europeans (who didn't like Bush's go-it-alone style). Obama's style hasn't made friends (or even neutrals) out of actual enemies, though.

Brian
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Political Matters