Is Santorum Out of His F***ing Mind?

Re: Is Santorum Out of His F***ing Mind?

Postby Quicksilver » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:50 pm

I do not like Santorum's so-called social conservatism. I do like his grade, and Romney's too, at NumbersUSA.com.
They are the ONLY ones I would vote for (EVERYONE else has a D or F). I am a green, pro-population control Republican.
:guitar1: :uzi:
Before every action and decision think of the consequences 7 generations into the future....Ute Rule of Life
Quicksilver

Postby Brian » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm not a big Romney fan, but I'd vote for him twice before I'd vote for Santorum. I'm more of a fiscal conservative than a social one. I'm for freedom of religion (as a cherished part of our Constitution) and have no problem with a candidate expressing their faith, but if tenets of their faith seem batshit crazy to me -- and they talk about implementing them in no uncertain terms -- I'm certainly not going to vote for them.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Saint » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:53 pm

I'm a progressive. Liberal to you guys. I believe in change, helping the poor, birth control, family planning, war is wrong, and guns are bad because they kill 35,000 Americans per year. ( which makes us completely insane as a country, BTW)
Saint

Postby Brian » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Saint wrote:I'm a progressive. Liberal to you guys. I believe in change, helping the poor, birth control, family planning, war is wrong, and guns are bad because they kill 35,000 Americans per year. ( which makes us completely insane as a country, BTW)

I believe in birth control, certainly, and I don't necessarily disbelieve in family planning (unless part of the plan is terminating an unwanted pregnancy). I think stricter gun control is reasonable to a certain degree, but I don't think it's going to happen. It's too hard to change the constitution, and the issue seems decided for this generation.

I vote Republican (although I might not this year) but I'm more of a centrist.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Millennium » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Saint wrote:I'm a progressive. Liberal to you guys. I believe in change, helping the poor, birth control, family planning, war is wrong, and guns are bad because they kill 35,000 Americans per year. ( which makes us completely insane as a country, BTW)

I'm a republican..I believe in helping the poor, since most of the poor is helped by republicans, birth control, I just don't want to pay for some lowlife having babies at my and everyone elses expense, family planning is fine under the idea of "family planning" not just "suck out the fetus and cover the mistake" clinics that they actually are, Guns are bad in an idiots hands, so are penis's and vagina's that aren't controlled, cars kill more people than guns, and I don't want them outlawed either...Most of all, I'm for Freedom, which most Liberals seem to have forgotten in the nanny state.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Millennium » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Brian wrote:I vote Republican (although I might not this year) but I'm more of a centrist.

There is no way in HELL I will vote for Obama.(And a vote for an independent is a vote for the Democrat)...His track record is utterly pathetic. His excuse is "Bush did it"...what's going to be his excuse for a next term? Things are exponentially worse now than when he took office, so going by his excuse and record after Bush's mess (his words) it can only be 10 times worse....
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Brian » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:24 pm

Millennium wrote:
Brian wrote:I vote Republican (although I might not this year) but I'm more of a centrist.

There is no way in HELL I will vote for Obama.(And a vote for an independent is a vote for the Democrat)...His track record is utterly pathetic. His excuse is "Bush did it"...what's going to be his excuse for a next term? Things are exponentially worse now than when he took office, so going by his excuse and record after Bush's mess (his words) it can only be 10 times worse....

The "It's Bush's fault" mantra is getting awfully tired, that's true. If Romney is the nominee I will probably vote for him (even though I don't think he actually stands for anything in particular). But Snatorum? I can't bring myself to do that. Santorum is like George W. Bush if he got kicked in the head by a horse.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Millennium » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Yeah...I can't vote for Santorum....it won't matter anyway. he won't be the nominee...
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Brian » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:17 pm

Millennium wrote:Yeah...I can't vote for Santorum....it won't matter anyway. he won't be the nominee...

I hope you're right. My hope is that people will come to their senses before the convention. For me, the nightmare scenario is the Republicans get to the convention, and either Santorum or Jeb Bush end up running. Jeb Bush sounds like a genuine moderate compared to Santorum, but I think it's going to be another 30 years before anyone with the name Bush gets back in the Oval Office.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:20 pm

P.S. -- If it turns into a contest of "I'm more conservative than you", I don't see how Romney can win that one.

Brian
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Political Matters