Another lying bastard

Another lying bastard

Postby Millennium » Tue May 18, 2010 10:35 am

Candidate’s Words on Vietnam Service Differ From History

NY TIMES

At a ceremony honoring veterans and senior citizens who sent presents to soldiers overseas, Attorney General Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut rose and spoke of an earlier time in his life.
“We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam,” Mr. Blumenthal said to the group gathered in Norwalk in March 2008. “And you exemplify it. Whatever we think about the war, whatever we call it — Afghanistan or Iraq — we owe our military men and women unconditional support.”

There was one problem: Mr. Blumenthal, a Democrat now running for the United States Senate, never served in Vietnam. He obtained at least five military deferments from 1965 to 1970 and took repeated steps that enabled him to avoid going to war, according to records.

The story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/nyregion/18blumenthal.html

The lowlife sack of shit that he is.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Re: Another lying bastard

Postby Boba » Tue May 18, 2010 11:17 am

Does this guy think no one will find out about his lies? ......Now, when I was fighting at Gettysburg, things were different.........
Boba
Contributor

Postby aknow » Tue May 18, 2010 2:59 pm

When any politician lies, why is it noteworthy, like who cares?
Politicians lie, otherwise they wouldn't be in politics, or the law profession, professional liars.

On a positive note to Mill: You have the most impressive ebay feedback I've ever seen............
Makes me respect you much more... Congratulations!
Dr. Steve
aknow

Postby Millennium » Tue May 18, 2010 3:50 pm

aknow wrote:When any politician lies, why is it noteworthy, like who cares?
Politicians lie, otherwise they wouldn't be in politics, or the law profession, professional liars.

On a positive note to Mill: You have the most impressive ebay feedback I've ever seen............
Makes me respect you much more... Congratulations!
Dr. Steve

Thank you Dr. Steve........I'm not as bad a person as I come off here. (Shut up Boba) , this place is a tiny microcosm of us all, and I am sure in the outside world, we'd probably be pretty good friends. I have been an eBay member since 1996, when they were just a small outlet. I always want those that deal with me to know I will do the right thing in every transaction.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Re: another word for "misspoke"...LIE

Postby Millennium » Tue May 18, 2010 3:52 pm

Yeah...we talked about that here:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1185 :sneaky:
Millennium
Contributor

Re: another word for "misspoke"...LIE

Postby Millennium » Tue May 18, 2010 3:58 pm

lady cop wrote:oops! SORRY I MISSED THAT! :oops:

Old age is a bitch...............

Isn't it? :bootyshake:
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Boba » Tue May 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Millennium wrote:........I'm not as bad a person as I come off here. (Shut up Boba)

You never let me have any fun.
Boba
Contributor

Postby Millennium » Tue May 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Boba wrote:
Millennium wrote:........I'm not as bad a person as I come off here. (Shut up Boba)

You never let me have any fun.

Well, me and your probation officer. :salute:
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Linnea » Wed May 19, 2010 7:29 am

Reservists, up till recently, have escaped the worst. Natural disasters would see the National Guard called out, but the reserves were a place to spend a restful two days a month, two weeks a year, playing war games in a safe environment. Fast promotions (in most cases) and easy money.

So I've got two problems with this guy... all the deferments and then landing in a cushy reserve slot and claiming to see Vietnam, either as a combat officer or desk jockey since reservists weren't used in that capacity back then. Did he say what rank he retired as? Does he use the title as his signature block in correspondence? Because that would be the height of hypocritical idiocy.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Linnea » Wed May 19, 2010 7:31 am

Hold on, LC's post is calling him a General? See what I mean about easy promotions? :rofl2: You'd have to be a blithering idiot NOT to get promoted.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Next

Return to Political Matters