"Birthers" get a knock back by Hawaii Gov.

Re: "Birthers" get a knock back by Hawaii Gov.

Postby Brian » Fri May 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Boba wrote:
Brian wrote:There are issues of personal privacy involved. It would set a terrible precedent to be able to just walk into the offices of the Department of Health and demand to see someone's birth certificate. While Obama himself might not have an expectation to that kind of privacy, what about any other person whom people might want to dig up dirt on? And to make matters worse, this request for the birth certificate is completely frivolous. All the documents a reasonable human being would need to see to confirm his birth status have already been presented. The birthers are either imbeciles or intentionally trying to be pains in the ass.

As to the question of religion: Does it really matter what religion his birth certificate lists? I'm pretty sure he didn't bow towards Mecca to pray when he popped out of his mother's womb. (And that's assuming that his religion is important at all, which it shouldn't be.)

Concerning the privacy issue, I agree. No one should be able to go get this type of document on someone else. However, this is the president of the United States, it is a job REQUIREMENT. Therefore, he himself should release it. Why not?

As far as religon, At this point, no, it doesn't matter, I never said it did, but I do believe that is what he is trying to cover up.

Hi, Boba.

His job requirement is to be a native-born citizen of at least 35. There's no requirement that he release his birth certificate as verification of either of those facts. In fact, the other methods available for such verification have already been provided. That's why I think this whole thing is folly. It's bad enough to ask him to provide information that no other president has been asked to provide publicly until now. It's worse to do it when it's just meant as an irritation for political points.

I would never classify myself as an Obama supporter, but there comes a point when it just gets to be embarrassing. There are lots of other things one could criticize Obama for without having to resort to this kind of stuff.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Cynicalninja » Sat May 15, 2010 8:26 am

Boba wrote:
Marie5656 wrote:I hink what they are getting it is question asked and answered..time to move on to more important things like letting him run the damn country.

I agree 100%. So, in the interest of making this happen, just post it and it all goes away. Kind of makes you wonder what is on it that he doesn't want people to see. I'm kind of thinking it is "Religion". Just my guess, but don't most birth certificates list religion?

100% of babies are born Atheists.

They can't even feed themselves or go to the bathroom never mind contemplating the existence of a higher power.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby Cynicalninja » Sat May 15, 2010 8:32 am

Brian wrote:It's bad enough to ask him to provide information that no other president has been asked to provide publicly until now.

This of course being the absolute crux of the matter.
Cynicalninja

Postby Brian » Sat May 15, 2010 8:39 am

Cynicalninja wrote:
Boba wrote:
Marie5656 wrote:I hink what they are getting it is question asked and answered..time to move on to more important things like letting him run the damn country.

I agree 100%. So, in the interest of making this happen, just post it and it all goes away. Kind of makes you wonder what is on it that he doesn't want people to see. I'm kind of thinking it is "Religion". Just my guess, but don't most birth certificates list religion?

100% of babies are born Atheists.

They can't even feed themselves or go to the bathroom never mind contemplating the existence of a higher power.

Isn't that a state of agnosticism, rather than atheism?

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Cynicalninja » Sat May 15, 2010 11:36 am

Agnosticism requires a knowledge of the God or Gods you are unsure of whether or not exist. Babies don't have this knowledge.

Plus I suppose it depends what kind of Agnosticism you are talking about, Strong agnosticism, Weak agnosticism, Apathetic agnosticism, Agnostic Atheism, Agnostic theism and then of course you have Ignosticism.
Cynicalninja

Postby Brian » Sat May 15, 2010 11:44 am

Cynicalninja wrote:Agnosticism requires a knowledge of the God or Gods you are unsure of whether or not exist. Babies don't have this knowledge.

Plus I suppose it depends what kind of Agnosticism you are talking about, Strong agnosticism, Weak agnosticism, Apathetic agnosticism, Agnostic Atheism, Agnostic theism and then of course you have Ignosticism.

But atheism requires not believing in gods. The opportunity to believe or not requires you to at least have been introduced to the subject.

Maybe neither one fits.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Millennium » Sat May 15, 2010 9:34 pm

Librtyhead wrote:If I am elected President ........I promise to show mine. :angelg:

Evidently..according to some, you can bomb the hell out of a country, spend trillion upon trillions of the peoples money, but as a president, you can't even get your own damn Birth certificate and post it on the internet..

Sorry....I find this excuse just too hard to believe.

Enough already...just show the damn thing and let's move on.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Cynicalninja » Sun May 16, 2010 9:17 am

Millennium wrote:
Librtyhead wrote:If I am elected President ........I promise to show mine. :angelg:

Evidently..according to some, you can bomb the hell out of a country, spend trillion upon trillions of the peoples money, but as a president, you can't even get your own damn Birth certificate and post it on the internet..

Sorry....I find this excuse just too hard to believe.

Enough already...just show the damn thing and let's move on.

Why are you insisting Obama publicly produce a document that no other president has been asked to produce publicly before?
Cynicalninja

Postby Brian » Sun May 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Millennium wrote:

The president (any president) isn't above the law. The president can do all the things you name above because those are part of his delegated powers. (Incidentally, it's not the president that spends the people's money. Congress does that. The president sets budget priorities, but Congress votes on different spending bills.) The president doesn't have the power to violate the laws of Hawaii. The only way those laws can be set aside is if there's something unconstitutional about them. And as far as I've read or seen, there isn't.

Millennium wrote:Sorry....I find this excuse just too hard to believe.

Incredulity isn't evidence of anything. You might find it hard to believe, but it's true.

Millennium wrote:Enough already...just show the damn thing and let's move on.

What is it that you still have doubts about, Mill? The copy of his birth certificate (or certificate of live birth, as they call it) was produced. A birth announcement (verified by the paper that ran it) was produced. About the only thing left is time-stamped video of Obama's birth, and unfortunately, they didn't have personal video camcorders back then.

If you don't want to see Obama reelected, this kind of thing is counter-productive. It just makes his opponents look silly.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Millennium » Sun May 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Brian wrote:
Millennium wrote:

The president (any president) isn't above the law. The president can do all the things you name above because those are part of his delegated powers. (Incidentally, it's not the president that spends the people's money. Congress does that. The president sets budget priorities, but Congress votes on different spending bills.) The president doesn't have the power to violate the laws of Hawaii. The only way those laws can be set aside is if there's something unconstitutional about them. And as far as I've read or seen, there isn't.

Millennium wrote:Sorry....I find this excuse just too hard to believe.

Incredulity isn't evidence of anything. You might find it hard to believe, but it's true.

Millennium wrote:Enough already...just show the damn thing and let's move on.

What is it that you still have doubts about, Mill? The copy of his birth certificate (or certificate of live birth, as they call it) was produced. A birth announcement (verified by the paper that ran it) was produced. About the only thing left is time-stamped video of Obama's birth, and unfortunately, they didn't have personal video camcorders back then.

If you don't want to see Obama reelected, this kind of thing is counter-productive. It just makes his opponents look silly.

I don't care either way...I have mentioned that before..If he could for once and for all put an end to this, he should, and make those still insisting on proof, look like idiots...I'd do it if I were him, for that reason alone.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Political Matters