SOUTHPARK creators threatened with murder!?

Moderator: Brian

Re: SOUTHPARK creators threatened with murder!?

Postby Millennium » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:18 am

Cynicalninja wrote:
Millennium wrote:Frank's making a poor effort to try to make every one believe that only the religious commit crimes...I'd wager most of the crimes and misdeeds done here and all over the world are not done by the religious.......Nice try Frank...

:rofl2:

Prisons are full to the brim with born again Christians.

100% of terrorist acts all committed in the name of religion.

Your theory that all criminals are Atheists or non-believers is the funniest thing you have said so far this year.

Lets' address these untruths by Ninja again:

The facts are that the prisons are not filled to the brim with born again Christians, but the ones in there that do get "born again" certainly were not religious when they were breaking the laws.

Tim McVeigh...Initiated one of the worst terrorists acts on American soil in decades...an admitted agnostic..How was that in the name of religion???

And I never said that all criminals are atheists...if you would stick facts, you would have a lot more weight to back your arguments.

Not a very good effort on your part.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Millennium » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:21 am

Cynicalninja wrote:ALL born again Christians use their new found faith as a morality car wash.

And some born again Christians are lying about being "born again.".it's a lot like the guy that sits in Church on the holidays to give the image that he really cares when in fact he doesn't..it's all show...

Eh Frank? :thumbleft:
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Cynicalninja » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:38 am

Millennium wrote:
Cynicalninja wrote:
Millennium wrote:Frank's making a poor effort to try to make every one believe that only the religious commit crimes...I'd wager most of the crimes and misdeeds done here and all over the world are not done by the religious.......Nice try Frank...

Your theory that all criminals are Atheists or non-believers is the funniest thing you have said so far this year.

The facts are that the prisons are not filled to the brim with born again Christians, but the ones in there that do get "born again" certainly were not religious when they were breaking the laws.

Tim McVeigh...Initiated one of the worst terrorists acts on American soil in decades...an admitted agnostic..How was that in the name of religion???

And I never said that all criminals are atheists...if you would stick facts, you would have a lot more weight to back your arguments.

Your theory that "most" criminals are non-religious is utter BS.

Fact is most criminals will be robbing and raping people one minute and praying to Jebus and saying hail marys the next.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby Millennium » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:43 am

Cynicalninja wrote:
Millennium wrote:
Cynicalninja wrote:

Your theory that "most" criminals are non-religious is utter BS.

Fact is most criminals will be robbing and raping people one minute and praying to Jebus and saying hail marys the next.

And your proof is this is??????
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Brian » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:57 am

Cynicalninja wrote:

This one, I've got to call :bs: on. Lots of terrorism is political, rather than religious. Even what we think of as "religious" terrorism (e.g., Al Qaeda) can be seen as political terrorism cloaked in religion. (The Crusades can be seen as a political conflict, rather than a religious one, as well, by the way.)
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Millennium » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:12 pm

Brian wrote:
Cynicalninja wrote:

This one, I've got to call :bs: on. Lots of terrorism is political, rather than religious. Even what we think of as "religious" terrorism (e.g., Al Qaeda) can be seen as political terrorism cloaked in religion. (The Crusades can be seen as a political conflict, rather than a religious one, as well, by the way.)

It's so obvious, calling it BS is too kind.......
Millennium
Contributor

Postby mariej » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:28 pm

I don't have any statistics, but most people that I've encountered who are holy rollers are not very bright and seem brain washed. It seems like they would be the most likely to end up in prison because they are easily influenced and weak minded. Religion has been used for profit for so long that irrational theological doctrines are ingrained into weak minds,hence why people go to prison and become born again.
mariej

Postby Millennium » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:40 pm

mariej wrote:I don't have any statistics, but most people that I've encountered who are holy rollers are not very bright and seem brain washed. It seems like they would be the most likely to end up in prison because they are easily influenced and weak minded. Religion has been used for profit for so long that irrational theological doctrines are ingrained into weak minds,hence why people go to prison and become born again.

It also looks good to the parole board, if you have repented..
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Brian » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:48 pm

Millennium wrote:It also looks good to the parole board, if you have repented..

That's my basic take on it. The reason you see so many "born again" Christians in prison is because they want to get out of prison, and it's easier to do that if you attend a service in the prison chapel rather than, say, shanking someone in the exercise yard.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Millennium » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Brian wrote:
Millennium wrote:It also looks good to the parole board, if you have repented..

That's my basic take on it. The reason you see so many "born again" Christians in prison is because they want to get out of prison, and it's easier to do that if you attend a service in the prison chapel rather than, say, shanking someone in the exercise yard.

Yeah.....Shanking kinda screws up the "I have changed my ways" plea to get reprieve.. :rofl2:
Millennium
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Philosophy