Questions on the Pope

Moderator: Brian

Re: Questions on the Pope

Postby 24HourNut » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:42 pm

The Costumed Medieval Chief Molester still thinks praying does something. Unbelievable.
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Millennium » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:18 pm

lady cop wrote: :angelg: :angelp: :angelg: :angelp:

LOL...that's some funny shit right there..LC :rofl2: :thumbleft:
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Brian » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:43 pm

24HourNut wrote:The Church needs to get with the 21st century and stop conducting itself like a medieval retardation center if it wants to survive. Well, it will survive because there will always be fundamentalist nuts out there, but if it wants to stop becoming more and more of a joke, it should adapt and wake up.

I'm the last person who's going to defend the actual message of the Catholic Church. I pretty much agree with you that it's outlived its usefulness. Here's the problem though: It's not a political message. It's a religious one, and a Catholic one, at that. Excuse the tautology, but Catholics aren't Protestants. They don't change their doctrine because times change. God or Jesus or whoever said what they said, and they're sticking to the interpretation that they gave it 2,000 years ago, because that's the interpretation they gave it, and God didn't lie to them. That's their rationale.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby 24HourNut » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:45 am

Brian wrote:
24HourNut wrote:The Church needs to get with the 21st century and stop conducting itself like a medieval retardation center if it wants to survive. Well, it will survive because there will always be fundamentalist nuts out there, but if it wants to stop becoming more and more of a joke, it should adapt and wake up.

I'm the last person who's going to defend the actual message of the Catholic Church. I pretty much agree with you that it's outlived its usefulness. Here's the problem though: It's not a political message. It's a religious one, and a Catholic one, at that. Excuse the tautology, but Catholics aren't Protestants. They don't change their doctrine because times change. God or Jesus or whoever said what they said, and they're sticking to the interpretation that they gave it 2,000 years ago, because that's the interpretation they gave it, and God didn't lie to them. That's their rationale.

I believe there is a chance they will evolve and modify, like Popes have over time. True those items were not the main ingredients to my problems, and I don't think the chances are great they will change ... I'm just saying over time they may be forced to chill out some of the more archaic and obviously ridiculous items. But who knows, maybe not at all and they will just become more and more like a charming old cult.
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby 24HourNut » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:03 am

All this "Lord will watch over them" and "pray for them" BS is what's disturbing. Fewer and fewer people buy that superstitious dark ages crap and are sick of it being involved in excuses and solutions. We want the freaks weeded out and arrested, removed from children, you medieval, iron-age philosophy, hat-wearing freak.
24HourNut
Contributor

Previous

Return to Religion & Philosophy