Atheists

Moderator: Brian

Re: Atheists

Postby Gator5220 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Nada wrote:
Gator5220 wrote:
Nada wrote:Why do those who believe in a diety, feel so threatened by those who do not?

Personally I don't. But what I don't understand is why those that do not believe in God feel the need to insult those that do. Maybe you can explain that.

Igot nuttin' Honestly, I have only seen that here on this forum.

Most of what I see is Xtians thowing poo at non Xtians...which includes people of other faiths & atheists alike.

BTW - I am an Xtian. :)

At least you acknowledge it's going on here, even by you. Thanks.
Gator5220

Postby Millennium » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Nada wrote:
Gator5220 wrote:
Nada wrote:Why do those who believe in a diety, feel so threatened by those who do not?

Personally I don't. But what I don't understand is why those that do not believe in God feel the need to insult those that do. Maybe you can explain that.

Most of what I see is Xtians thowing poo at non Xtians...which includes people of other faiths & atheists alike.

Oh brother.....it's obvious you haven't followed Frank and Ninjas constant attacks on religion on this forum. Carry on.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby 24HourNut » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:38 pm

So anyway, about Atheists ... I think they are more down to earth, generally speaking. No games, cults, pretending to know details of one or more Gods ... the kind of person you can tolerate on a road trip.
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Cynicalninja » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Millennium wrote:What I don't understand is why those that don't believe in God, feel it's their duty to convert the world to their way of thinking, when they get all up in arms when the reverse is true...

I have never proselytized Atheism.

Ever.

Or condemned anyone to a fiery pit of hell for not thinking like me.

I'll let religion carry on with all the converting, begging for money, judging and condemning.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby 24HourNut » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:42 pm

Yeah, I've never seen a door to door atheist or agnostic like I have religious cult members.
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Brian » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:50 pm

24HourNut wrote:Yeah, I've never seen a door to door atheist or agnostic like I have religious cult members.

Maybe not door-to-door, but there are definitely atheists that proselytize (for lack of a better word).

Richard Dawkins
Christopher Hitchens
Victor Stenger
Sam Harris

Of course, there aren't nearly as many as there are Christian proselytizers, but that's the nature of Christianity...
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Cynicalninja » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:03 pm

24HourNut wrote:Yeah, I've never seen a door to door atheist or agnostic like I have religious cult members.

We also don't start crusades, jihads, fatwas, inquisitions and holocausts either.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby Nada » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:10 pm

Millennium wrote:
Nada wrote:
Gator5220 wrote:

Oh brother.....it's obvious you haven't followed Frank and Ninjas constant attacks on religion on this forum. Carry on.

Why is it important that I do. My opinion is not affected by your petty forum history or mudwrestling attacks.
Nada

Postby Millennium » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:30 pm

Nada wrote:
Millennium wrote:
Nada wrote:
Gator5220 wrote:

Why is it important that I do. My opinion is not affected by your petty forum history or mudwrestling attacks.

I just thought you may would make an opinion based on the facts as presented and previous posts...Evidently I gave you too much credit, I apologize.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Previous

Return to Religion & Philosophy