they're going to burn in hell hahaha

Moderator: Brian

Re: they're going to burn in hell hahaha

Postby 24HourNut » Mon May 31, 2010 7:29 am

Here we go, insanity ... a Loving God tortures people for endless eons if they sin, didn't buy Jesus, etc. No, freaks, punish them here on Earth since we have no idea if there is an afterlife with horrific and maniacal torture sessions.
User avatar
24HourNut
Contributor
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Re: they're going to burn in hell hahaha

Postby mariej » Mon May 31, 2010 8:37 am

Oh, so burning in hell for eternity is going to somehow feel worse to a priest than it would for anyone else. Maybe the layman pedophile will get cold water and a break from the heat every once in a while, I see how that makes sense :roll: . Bunch of freaks.
mariej
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: they're going to burn in hell hahaha

Postby Brian » Mon May 31, 2010 8:49 am

At least this priest wants to punish those priests instead of letting them off. :dontknow:

Also, he didn't say they shouldn't be punished in this life. He just said they'd get it worse when they went to Hell.

I kind of agree with Marie, though. This priest is taking Dante's view of Hell, which differs significantly from what the Bible says on the subject.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
User avatar
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Re: they're going to burn in hell hahaha

Postby mariej » Mon May 31, 2010 8:01 pm

Well I'm glad he disapproves of pedophiles, thats great. But how about saying something normal, like these guys should be kept out of society at any cost to assure that they don't harm any other kids. Nope, instead it's this craziness with hell and how the priests are going to get it worse than the average pedophile. Any punishment on earth will not amount to punishment in hell, well no shit... If there is a hell then I can't think of much worse than being engulfed in flames for eternity :roll: . Look at them, they even look like freaks.
mariej
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: they're going to burn in hell hahaha

Postby Brian » Mon May 31, 2010 10:19 pm

mariej wrote:Well I'm glad he disapproves of pedophiles, thats great. But how about saying something normal, like these guys should be kept out of society at any cost to assure that they don't harm any other kids. Nope, instead it's this craziness with hell and how the priests are going to get it worse than the average pedophile. Any punishment on earth will not amount to punishment in hell, well no shit... If there is a hell then I can't think of much worse than being engulfed in flames for eternity :roll: . Look at them, they even look like freaks.


I know what your frustration is, but the craziness is part of the man's job. In his mind, he is condemning the pedophiles in the most profound way possible. Keeping such people away from kids kind of goes without saying, if you're saying they deserve to burn in Hell for all eternity.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
User avatar
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Re: they're going to burn in hell hahaha

Postby 24HourNut » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:11 am

I don't want to hear about his afterlife fantasy thoughts. I want to hear him call for the police to investigate and jail the guilty threats to society.
User avatar
24HourNut
Contributor
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Re: they're going to burn in hell hahaha

Postby Brian » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:51 am

24HourNut wrote:I don't want to hear about his afterlife fantasy thoughts. I want to hear him call for the police to investigate and jail the guilty threats to society.


He was speaking to seminarians at the time. He wasn't issuing a general statement. As far as not wanting to hear about afterlife fantasy thoughts from a Vatican official.... Yeah, good luck with that. I'm not a big fan of religious dogma, either, but given the context, of course that's the language he's going to use.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
User avatar
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Re: they're going to burn in hell hahaha

Postby 24HourNut » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:58 am

If he hasn't made statements about police and jail, and that is all he has basically said on the issue in terms of punishment, then all that was just excuses. If he has mentioned police or jail to others about these crimes, then I can be more forgiving toward this captain of delusion.
User avatar
24HourNut
Contributor
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Re: they're going to burn in hell hahaha

Postby Brian » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:04 pm

24HourNut wrote:If he hasn't made statements about police and jail, and that is all he has basically said on the issue in terms of punishment, then all that was just excuses. If he has mentioned police or jail to others about these crimes, then I can be more forgiving toward this captain of delusion.


In this interview he talks about Church policy. The policy seems to be that bishops are instructed to turn their priests in to the authorities where this is the civil law. Where this isn't the civil law, the bishops are instructed to contact the families and encourage them to denounce the priest who abused them.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
User avatar
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 pm


Return to Religion & Philosophy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron