Should the Vatican be immune from lawsuits arising from

Moderator: Brian

Re: Should the Vatican be immune from lawsuits arising from

Postby Brian » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:13 am

sledge wrote:If you are a religious leader whether a priest or an high Official in the Catholic Church you should be prosecuted as any other child molester. Because under God's Laws no one is Blameless. But the Vatican are under their own auhority and cannot be touched. Its :bs:

My understanding is that high officials in the Vatican can't be sued in U.S. courts because of the jurisdiction. Vatican City is it's own sovereign soil.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby sledge » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:27 am

Brian wrote:
sledge wrote:If you are a religious leader whether a priest or an high Official in the Catholic Church you should be prosecuted as any other child molester. Because under God's Laws no one is Blameless. But the Vatican are under their own auhority and cannot be touched. Its :bs:

My understanding is that high officials in the Vatican can't be sued in U.S. courts because of the jurisdiction. Vatican City is it's own sovereign soil.

Yes they are there own sovereign state and country in which presidents and Royalty bow down to them. Even though they are physically in Italy they are not part of Italy. During WW2 even Hitler recognised them as a own authority and considered them neutral.
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Postby Brian » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:12 am

sledge wrote:
Brian wrote:

Yes they are there own sovereign state and country in which presidents and Royalty bow down to them. Even though they are physically in Italy they are not part of Italy. During WW2 even Hitler recognised them as a own authority and considered them neutral.

Not that being neutral meant a hell of a lot to Hitler. (Ask the Dutch.)
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby sledge » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:37 am

Brian wrote:
sledge wrote:
Brian wrote:

Not that being neutral meant a hell of a lot to Hitler. (Ask the Dutch.)

Yep but Hitler did respect their authority and had to ask permission before conducting a search. Other words they are there own authority under God?
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Previous

Return to Religion & Philosophy