Proving God doesn't exist in 3 minutes

Moderator: Brian

Re: Proving God doesn't exist in 3 minutes

Postby Cynicalninja » Thu May 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:Produce a book that shows and proves for thousands of years people have worshiped your fairies, and you'll be on to something.


No he would not be "on to something." A book of that nature only shows the nature of people that follow and wrote it - not even a drop toward proving anything about a God. Buildings of worship do not prove God at all - it proves what people are willing to build, period. Same for swearing on the Bible in court, which is ridiculous for anyone but the truly brainwashed to do. God has zero more "going for him" than fairies, and this is shown by the ridiculous "support" you just described for God.


Nice try Frank.....You can't prove he doesn't exist. I can't prove he does..Agreed..I am fine with my faith. You totally missed the whole point though....the belief in Fairies has been around, probably longer than the belief in a single God...And yet the belief in fairies is seen as nothing more than a childlike story...The belief in God is no where near a simply defined.

The part that I don't understand, is why the atheists try so hard to convince believers they are wrong, when the vast majority of us don't care if you believe or not.


The belief in God is seen as a child-like emotional fill by lots of people, just like fairies are. The difference is God is a fairy story for adults. Not trying to convince you that you are wrong, just saying your belief is right up there with believing in fairies. A child-like symptom is thinking the Super Fairy intervenes and performs selected cherrypicked miracles in hospitals, for example.



I disagree...it is not seen as a "child like emotional fill by a lots of people", in fact the majority (92% of America) say they have a belief in God and religion, according to a recent Opinion Dynamics Corporation Poll..The people that use your excuse are simply those that are in an all out effort to minimize religion.

Do you believe there is life on another planet? You have absolutely no proof, but I'll bet you do. Nothing more than a fairy tale.


I believe in the possibility of life on other planets because in my life I have seen strange things in the sky that "appeared" to be intelligently controlled craft of some kind, on both occasions these craft were seen by several other witnesses and they performed aerial maneuvers that were way beyond any technology we have to this day and would have killed a human pilot.

Is this "proof" of aliens?, no, there could be several explanations, but its better than mere blind faith with nothing tangible to back it up.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
User avatar
Cynicalninja
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:35 am
Location: England's green and pleasant land.

Re: Proving God doesn't exist in 3 minutes

Postby Librtyhead » Thu May 27, 2010 2:39 pm

It will not be the first time and certainly not the last that a person can in 3 min try to undo what has been around for thousands of years. I mean this guy thinks he is smarter than thousands of years of human development and has come up with the key to eternal happiness. I think he may even be a mutant genius that has had a flash of realization that we are all doomed to certain death and that the word "hope" should be struck from the dictionary.
I am amazed at his obvious open minded nature and once and for all can just lay down and believe that he has revealed the truth about everything. He IS the man that knows everything, just ask him , he will tell you (Please buy his book) It will take some time before it outsells the previous version. :rofl2:
User avatar
Librtyhead
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:23 pm
Location: Swingset sitting new hampster

Re: Proving God doesn't exist in 3 minutes

Postby Millennium » Thu May 27, 2010 2:59 pm

Cynicalninja wrote:
Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:Produce a book that shows and proves for thousands of years people have worshiped your fairies, and you'll be on to something.


No he would not be "on to something." A book of that nature only shows the nature of people that follow and wrote it - not even a drop toward proving anything about a God. Buildings of worship do not prove God at all - it proves what people are willing to build, period. Same for swearing on the Bible in court, which is ridiculous for anyone but the truly brainwashed to do. God has zero more "going for him" than fairies, and this is shown by the ridiculous "support" you just described for God.


Nice try Frank.....You can't prove he doesn't exist. I can't prove he does..Agreed..I am fine with my faith. You totally missed the whole point though....the belief in Fairies has been around, probably longer than the belief in a single God...And yet the belief in fairies is seen as nothing more than a childlike story...The belief in God is no where near a simply defined.

The part that I don't understand, is why the atheists try so hard to convince believers they are wrong, when the vast majority of us don't care if you believe or not.


The belief in God is seen as a child-like emotional fill by lots of people, just like fairies are. The difference is God is a fairy story for adults. Not trying to convince you that you are wrong, just saying your belief is right up there with believing in fairies. A child-like symptom is thinking the Super Fairy intervenes and performs selected cherrypicked miracles in hospitals, for example.



I disagree...it is not seen as a "child like emotional fill by a lots of people", in fact the majority (92% of America) say they have a belief in God and religion, according to a recent Opinion Dynamics Corporation Poll..The people that use your excuse are simply those that are in an all out effort to minimize religion.

Do you believe there is life on another planet? You have absolutely no proof, but I'll bet you do. Nothing more than a fairy tale.


I believe in the possibility of life on other planets because in my life I have seen strange things in the sky that "appeared" to be intelligently controlled craft of some kind, on both occasions these craft were seen by several other witnesses and they performed aerial maneuvers that were way beyond any technology we have to this day and would have killed a human pilot.

Is this "proof" of aliens?, no, there could be several explanations, but its better than mere blind faith with nothing tangible to back it up.


I have as tangible evidence as the UFO you supposedly saw. :rofl2:
I'm sorry, but your UFO story is a little more "out there" than the believing in God.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
User avatar
Millennium
Contributor
 
Posts: 1221
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Proving God doesn't exist in 3 minutes

Postby Millennium » Thu May 27, 2010 3:05 pm

Cynicalninja wrote:
Millennium wrote:
Cynicalninja wrote:
Brian wrote:
Cynicalninja wrote:Meh.

My bottom line is "whatever can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof".

There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?


But you can get to the bottom of the garden. Anything you can actually investigate, you have no reason to remain agnostic about. You can't investigate the existence of God the same way. You can say that a lot of the things attributed to God in the Middle Ages have scientific explanations, but you can't (currently) dismiss entirely the idea of an afterlife, and it's kind of difficult to solve the infinite regress problem you run into when you try to explain the beginning of existence itself.


But the fairies are invisible like God, yet I KNOW they are there, how do you "investigate" and prove me wrong?



Produce a book that shows and proves for thousands of years people have worshiped your fairies, and you'll be on to something. Other than that, your fairies are no different than Big Foot. Is there a major religion based on your fairies? Are buildings of worship built for your fairies?

God has a lot more going for him, even you have to admit that. Proving God exists is impossible, proving he doesn't is too.

Can you provide generally accepted evidence your fairies exist?...In a court of law they use a Bible, I have yet to see them drag out Grimms Book of Fairy Tales and swear someone in..

Is that prove there is a God?. Nope, but it is generally accepted as evidence.


I agree the God delusion is a bigger and far more popular delusion than they fairy one, to me it is still a delusion none the less, as for fairies, there are people out there who believe in fairies and there are many websites dedicated to this idea. These people believe in the existence of fairies as much as religions believe in God/Gods, and their claims are equally impossible to disprove or debunk.

No book of faith can prove the existence of a God/Gods, anymore than Jurassic Park can prove the existence of cloned dinosaurs roaming around theme park islands.



Again...nobody really cares if you believe or not. Why make such an effort to convert or chastise those that do?...Why is it such an obsession with those that don't believe?

Christianity has a long history, and in fact there is actual history. That is a fact, there are no facts for fairies or UFOs....there is no comparison there at all...UFO's Fairies, Big Foot, all good stories, but nothing like the history or the following of Christianity.

That was a pretty feeble attempt.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
User avatar
Millennium
Contributor
 
Posts: 1221
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Proving God doesn't exist in 3 minutes

Postby Librtyhead » Thu May 27, 2010 3:16 pm

I think that the people who do not believe in God want to scream it from the highest mountaintop, much like the preachers that scream about God, does from the pulpit. I also think that maybe they are owed a crusade or two and quite possibly an Inquisition. But I think a large stadium might do for now.
User avatar
Librtyhead
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:23 pm
Location: Swingset sitting new hampster

Re: Proving God doesn't exist in 3 minutes

Postby 24HourNut » Thu May 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:Produce a book that shows and proves for thousands of years people have worshiped your fairies, and you'll be on to something.


No he would not be "on to something." A book of that nature only shows the nature of people that follow and wrote it - not even a drop toward proving anything about a God. Buildings of worship do not prove God at all - it proves what people are willing to build, period. Same for swearing on the Bible in court, which is ridiculous for anyone but the truly brainwashed to do. God has zero more "going for him" than fairies, and this is shown by the ridiculous "support" you just described for God.


Nice try Frank.....You can't prove he doesn't exist. I can't prove he does..Agreed..I am fine with my faith. You totally missed the whole point though....the belief in Fairies has been around, probably longer than the belief in a single God...And yet the belief in fairies is seen as nothing more than a childlike story...The belief in God is no where near a simply defined.

The part that I don't understand, is why the atheists try so hard to convince believers they are wrong, when the vast majority of us don't care if you believe or not.


The belief in God is seen as a child-like emotional fill by lots of people, just like fairies are. The difference is God is a fairy story for adults. Not trying to convince you that you are wrong, just saying your belief is right up there with believing in fairies. A child-like symptom is thinking the Super Fairy intervenes and performs selected cherrypicked miracles in hospitals, for example.



I disagree...it is not seen as a "child like emotional fill by a lots of people", in fact the majority (92% of America) say they have a belief in God and religion, according to a recent Opinion Dynamics Corporation Poll..The people that use your excuse are simply those that are in an all out effort to minimize religion.

Do you believe there is life on another planet? You have absolutely no proof, but I'll bet you do. Nothing more than a fairy tale.


It is seen as a fairy tale for adults by lots and lots of people because we know that is the view of lots of atheists alone. They seen God and religion as man-made and a way to control fear and answer questions ... fill emotional holes. Sure, many believe in God and subscribe to religion but that only shows you how adults emotionally need to have answers, purpose, etc.

What is the big difference between super characters and invisible fairies, Santa Clause, etc. and what God is to adults? Very similar ... and just like kids who grow up ... the older the kids, the less they believe in that nonsense. That is just like humans .. as time goes on and we get out of the archaic and medieval times (grow up), more and more people realize organized religion is BS and that God is a convenient answer and a possibility not unlike a fairy tale for adults that may or may not be true.

I don't know if there is life on other planets, and like the God question, I don't feel the need to pretend I know and live an adult fairy tale of assumption, hope, and confusing fact with faith. Faith is just personal belief, and an invisible super daddy in the sky is just like an adult version of a kid fairy tale. It's an emotional based wish and guess, that's all. That is why it is so ridiculous to so many when we hear people say someone was helped in a hospital by God.

Millions if not billions at this point throughout history find what you believe to superstitious child-like hopes and wishes. Calling it "faith" just tries to validate it and make it sound all official and real. It's just as real as a kid believing in the tooth fairy as far as we know. But you have fun pretending it is more because there are "books" and "buildings" or whatever other ridiculous "evidence" you've convinced yourself of having in the throes of intellectual and emotional dishonesty.


You don't believe...we get it...why do you give a damn if others do?...I don't care that you don't, but you and others like you, have this obsession with trying to shame or embarrass others that do.

Don't believe Frank, honestly, I don't care, and you'll not see me calling you names and trying to minimize you in the process, like your side always has to do. Do as you wish, who cares? What is this obsession you have with trying to minimize people that have a belief in a greater power? Does it make you feel superior? Is that it?


It's two things - one, I enjoy challenging the absurd and delusional, and two, I find religion evil and annoying. When I see someone acting like their superstitious fairytale story belief isn't like a child's fairy story, I like to correct it. An invisible super something that will take care of you is child-like at heart and sourced to our child-like fears and emotions. I am annoyed at the giant hussle religion has put on people and the anti-freedom anti-progress poison it is. So, like so many others, I feel the need to call it out and do my part to minimize its spread and effects.

In other words, I find the hussle and brainwashing obnoxious, evil, and annoying. There's your answer.
User avatar
24HourNut
Contributor
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Re: Proving God doesn't exist in 3 minutes

Postby 24HourNut » Thu May 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Librtyhead wrote:I think that the people who do not believe in God want to scream it from the highest mountaintop, much like the preachers that scream about God, does from the pulpit. I also think that maybe they are owed a crusade or two and quite possibly an Inquisition. But I think a large stadium might do for now.


Some of us are just sick of the retardation and holding back it does in the world. The most retarded part of America is the South - the Bible Belt. The most retarded parts overseas are the Nations in bed with religion who have not managed to get free of its shackles and tyranny of the mind and body. We still struggle with that today ... we've come a long way. It fueled a lot of resistance to equality of Blacks from slavery to civil rights ... and a lot of ignorance toward science, technology, and progress in general. The reason it is tolerated is because it is a very loved drug by the masses. That is why so many tolerate the priest cover ups of child abuse.

Religion = drugs for adults. The more religious someone is, the more on the mental opiate they are. That is why if someone preaches too much or is too into religion we walk away slowly and think of them not too unlike we would think of someone who was a mentally screwed up drug addict.
User avatar
24HourNut
Contributor
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Re: Proving God doesn't exist in 3 minutes

Postby Millennium » Thu May 27, 2010 3:37 pm

24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:
24HourNut wrote:
Millennium wrote:Produce a book that shows and proves for thousands of years people have worshiped your fairies, and you'll be on to something.


No he would not be "on to something." A book of that nature only shows the nature of people that follow and wrote it - not even a drop toward proving anything about a God. Buildings of worship do not prove God at all - it proves what people are willing to build, period. Same for swearing on the Bible in court, which is ridiculous for anyone but the truly brainwashed to do. God has zero more "going for him" than fairies, and this is shown by the ridiculous "support" you just described for God.


Nice try Frank.....You can't prove he doesn't exist. I can't prove he does..Agreed..I am fine with my faith. You totally missed the whole point though....the belief in Fairies has been around, probably longer than the belief in a single God...And yet the belief in fairies is seen as nothing more than a childlike story...The belief in God is no where near a simply defined.

The part that I don't understand, is why the atheists try so hard to convince believers they are wrong, when the vast majority of us don't care if you believe or not.


The belief in God is seen as a child-like emotional fill by lots of people, just like fairies are. The difference is God is a fairy story for adults. Not trying to convince you that you are wrong, just saying your belief is right up there with believing in fairies. A child-like symptom is thinking the Super Fairy intervenes and performs selected cherrypicked miracles in hospitals, for example.



I disagree...it is not seen as a "child like emotional fill by a lots of people", in fact the majority (92% of America) say they have a belief in God and religion, according to a recent Opinion Dynamics Corporation Poll..The people that use your excuse are simply those that are in an all out effort to minimize religion.

Do you believe there is life on another planet? You have absolutely no proof, but I'll bet you do. Nothing more than a fairy tale.


It is seen as a fairy tale for adults by lots and lots of people because we know that is the view of lots of atheists alone. They seen God and religion as man-made and a way to control fear and answer questions ... fill emotional holes. Sure, many believe in God and subscribe to religion but that only shows you how adults emotionally need to have answers, purpose, etc.

What is the big difference between super characters and invisible fairies, Santa Clause, etc. and what God is to adults? Very similar ... and just like kids who grow up ... the older the kids, the less they believe in that nonsense. That is just like humans .. as time goes on and we get out of the archaic and medieval times (grow up), more and more people realize organized religion is BS and that God is a convenient answer and a possibility not unlike a fairy tale for adults that may or may not be true.

I don't know if there is life on other planets, and like the God question, I don't feel the need to pretend I know and live an adult fairy tale of assumption, hope, and confusing fact with faith. Faith is just personal belief, and an invisible super daddy in the sky is just like an adult version of a kid fairy tale. It's an emotional based wish and guess, that's all. That is why it is so ridiculous to so many when we hear people say someone was helped in a hospital by God.

Millions if not billions at this point throughout history find what you believe to superstitious child-like hopes and wishes. Calling it "faith" just tries to validate it and make it sound all official and real. It's just as real as a kid believing in the tooth fairy as far as we know. But you have fun pretending it is more because there are "books" and "buildings" or whatever other ridiculous "evidence" you've convinced yourself of having in the throes of intellectual and emotional dishonesty.


You don't believe...we get it...why do you give a damn if others do?...I don't care that you don't, but you and others like you, have this obsession with trying to shame or embarrass others that do.

Don't believe Frank, honestly, I don't care, and you'll not see me calling you names and trying to minimize you in the process, like your side always has to do. Do as you wish, who cares? What is this obsession you have with trying to minimize people that have a belief in a greater power? Does it make you feel superior? Is that it?


It's two things - one, I enjoy challenging the absurd and delusional, and two, I find religion evil and annoying. When I see someone acting like their superstitious fairytale story belief isn't like a child's fairy story, I like to correct it. An invisible super something that will take care of you is child-like at heart and sourced to our child-like fears and emotions. I am annoyed at the giant hussle religion has put on people and the anti-freedom anti-progress poison it is. So, like so many others, I feel the need to call it out and do my part to minimize its spread and effects.

In other words, I find the hussle and brainwashing obnoxious, evil, and annoying. There's your answer.
\



That explains a lot..thanks.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
User avatar
Millennium
Contributor
 
Posts: 1221
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Proving God doesn't exist in 3 minutes

Postby mariej » Thu May 27, 2010 4:40 pm

I just went to pick up my son from middle school and there were people standing on the sidewalk giving the kids mini bibles as they came out of school. I agree that organized religion and the brainwashed followers can be quite annoying.
mariej
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: Proving God doesn't exist in 3 minutes

Postby 24HourNut » Thu May 27, 2010 10:19 pm

mariej wrote:I just went to pick up my son from middle school and there were people standing on the sidewalk giving the kids mini bibles as they came out of school. I agree that organized religion and the brainwashed followers can be quite annoying.


They are drug pushers in my book. Here, join our cult drug so you too can feel at peace and enjoy all the benefits of delusion and being on the right side of superstition. God made you have bad born inside of you as a fun test, so you can maybe find out you need to be saved or lovingly punished in Hell for eternity ... so please, worship the jealous God and thank him endlessly for the favor ... take the drug, take it!
User avatar
24HourNut
Contributor
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Philosophy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron