[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
24hourforums.com • View topic - Will we instantly know God exists when we die?

Will we instantly know God exists when we die?

Moderator: Brian

Re: Will we instantly know God exists when we die?

Postby Millennium » Sun May 16, 2010 6:48 pm

What's sad is that every one of us buys insurance..."just in case, we or the other party screws up"..But are unwilling to admit there may be a God. That's pretty cheap insurance,and if there isn't a God, you haven't lot a whole lot, but if there is, that "insurance policy" will pay off big time..

Jes sayin'
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Librtyhead » Sun May 16, 2010 7:15 pm

Even when I was in Catholic school I have always thought that when I die I would realize that this earthly prison was just a stepping stone and that I would finally know that all the bickering was just human emotion and was pretty much useless. I can now believe that once freed from the chains of life I will see that there is not one God but our own selves and for once will gain the freedom of true satisfaction knowing that all religion was just a path that we are given to take or not to take. Maybe the afterlife is easier with love, and that is why we have glimpsed religion as a way to move up another step, because that is all I can comprehend it as, a crude preperation for what is to become of my soul. I do not think in the "one God" frame of mind but the "one conciousness" of everyone. I feel that I may realise "Oh.......thats how it goes" and move on to the next step.
Librtyhead

Postby Brian » Sun May 16, 2010 7:37 pm

"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Millennium » Sun May 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Brian » Sun May 16, 2010 7:54 pm

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Millennium » Sun May 16, 2010 9:20 pm

I'll tell you something.....at some point in everyone's life, they're going to really think pretty hard about it.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Brian » Sun May 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Millennium » Sun May 16, 2010 10:28 pm

Millennium
Contributor

Postby Brian » Sun May 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Brian
Site Admin

Postby sirlamre » Mon May 17, 2010 12:18 am

sirlamre

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Philosophy