So what do you think of this whole world coming to an end BS

General discussions about anything.

Re: So what do you think of this whole world coming to an end BS

Postby spot » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:07 pm

Marie5656 wrote:Here is the thing...I take all I read with a huge grain of salt. So much of it can be explained away..but I find all the shows abot it all oddly fascinating and watch many of them. History Channel and Smithsonian do a lot of stuff.
Here's an indication of how widespread these panics have been in the past - https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... prophecies
Image Pioneer100© Member
User avatar
spot
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:34 am
Location: Blighty

Re: So what do you think of this whole world coming to an end BS

Postby Boba » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Linnea wrote:
spot wrote:
My favorite was always Garner Ted Armstrong. It's a tragedy that people like him can be forgotten, they should be spoken of loudly for generations to come as teaching aids.


Who could forget the first man to walk on the moon?


Damn Linnea, don't you know anything. He was a famous Jazz Trumpet player! Sheesh! His nickname was "Satchmo" :lol:
User avatar
Boba
Contributor
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:29 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: So what do you think of this whole world coming to an end BS

Postby Linnea » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Boba wrote:
Linnea wrote:
spot wrote:
My favorite was always Garner Ted Armstrong. It's a tragedy that people like him can be forgotten, they should be spoken of loudly for generations to come as teaching aids.


Who could forget the first man to walk on the moon?


Damn Linnea, don't you know anything. He was a famous Jazz Trumpet player! Sheesh! His nickname was "Satchmo" :lol:


Damn it, I always get those guys mixed up.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
User avatar
Linnea
Contributor
 
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:24 am

Re: So what do you think of this whole world coming to an end BS

Postby Boba » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Linnea wrote:
Boba wrote:
Linnea wrote:
spot wrote:
My favorite was always Garner Ted Armstrong. It's a tragedy that people like him can be forgotten, they should be spoken of loudly for generations to come as teaching aids.


Who could forget the first man to walk on the moon?


Damn Linnea, don't you know anything. He was a famous Jazz Trumpet player! Sheesh! His nickname was "Satchmo" :lol:


Damn it, I always get those guys mixed up.

It's OK, they look a lot alike.
User avatar
Boba
Contributor
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:29 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: So what do you think of this whole world coming to an end BS

Postby sledge » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:41 am

'Its the end of the world as we know it'. No one really knows when the world will end and possibly by that time Men will be spread amongst the universe(no i haven't been watchin Star Trek). That's how doomsday Cults start , wasn't there a group who committed suicide because the earth was coming to the end and that aliens were going to take them away?. :scratch:

Those who try to predict become a laughing stock :lol: and this thing about the Mayan Calendar in 2012 is open to speculation but Hollywood is making money out of it. When you mention the Rapture or end of days(not the film) the bible refers to Matthew 25: 13 and Revelations(which you can read for yourself if u believe in the bible that is.
Image
Image
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
User avatar
sledge
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 am

Re: So what do you think of this whole world coming to an end BS

Postby Boba » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:29 am

sledge wrote:'Its the end of the world as we know it'. No one really knows when the world will end and possibly by that time Men will be spread amongst the universe(no i haven't been watchin Star Trek). That's how doomsday Cults start , wasn't there a group who committed suicide because the earth was coming to the end and that aliens were going to take them away?. :scratch:

Those who try to predict become a laughing stock :lol: and this thing about the Mayan Calendar in 2012 is open to speculation but Hollywood is making money out of it. When you mention the Rapture or end of days(not the film) the bible refers to Matthew 25: 13 and Revelations(which you can read for yourself if u believe in the bible that is.
Image

That always cracked me up. All you can do is look like an idiot. If you're wrong, you look stupid. If you're right, then there will be no one left to say "I told you" to! (Kind of a no win situtation)
User avatar
Boba
Contributor
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:29 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: So what do you think of this whole world coming to an end BS

Postby OpenMind » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:08 am

As I recall, the symbol that occurs at the end of the Mayan calendar is unique and not repeated anywhere else on the calendar. Therefore, its meaning cannot be determined.
Personally, I would take a stab at it meaning that it's the end of the calendar/restart.
OpenMind
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: So what do you think of this whole world coming to an end BS

Postby Brian » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:07 pm

OpenMind wrote:As I recall, the symbol that occurs at the end of the Mayan calendar is unique and not repeated anywhere else on the calendar. Therefore, its meaning cannot be determined.
Personally, I would take a stab at it meaning that it's the end of the calendar/restart.


The idea that it's a restart probably isn't a bad guess. What a lot of people (both honestly and disingenuously) seem to miss is that the Mayan calendar doesn't come to a hard stop. It reboots. So even if Dec. 21, 2012 is the end of an age on the Mayan calendar, a new one will be starting up, and there's no reason to think (even if you insist on thinking like a Mayan) that we're not going to make it to the next one, and beyond.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
User avatar
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Re: So what do you think of this whole world coming to an end BS

Postby mrpaseo » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Linnea wrote:
spot wrote:To assume that this time the Armageddon-pundits have called the dates right, while the hundreds of previous calls turned out to have got it wrong, really needs a good explanation of why this bunch are doing something different. I don't see the difference and the pundits all ignore the question. Those in the past who called it and turned out wrong had rather better credentials than the current cranks too. Many people have put their necks on the line and given a future date and then watched it drift by no different to any other day in history. Without a good new convincing argument it all seems a pointless repetition of failure.

My favorite was always Garner Ted Armstrong. It's a tragedy that people like him can be forgotten, they should be spoken of loudly for generations to come as teaching aids.


Who could forget the first man to walk on the moon?



A man walked on the moon? ;)
mrpaseo
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 1:49 pm

Re: So what do you think of this whole world coming to an end BS

Postby c17ross07 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:21 am

no one knows the exact time except the Father, even Christ doesn't know when he will be sent back on earth..yet it would truly come and I believe on that...
c17ross07
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:51 am

PreviousNext

Return to 24's Open Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron