Have you ever felt an Idiot?

General discussions about anything.

Re: Have you ever felt an Idiot?

Postby 24HourNut » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Brian wrote:
24HourNut wrote:About 6 months after 9/11 I felt like an idiot for having voted for Bush.

From everything you've said, Frank, I'm surprised it took you that long. :scratch:

Well one needs a little time to see how he was going to handle 9/11 and how he was going to spend the political capital and support he had from that. I gave him a chance in general, but then became disappointed and frightened by his circle.
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby 24HourNut » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Linnea wrote:I've felt an idiot before but I haven't seen him since we got divorced.

Heh!
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby 24HourNut » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:03 pm

MADNOTBAD wrote:
24HourNut wrote:About 6 months after 9/11 I felt like an idiot for having voted for Bush.
I know the feeling well Frank. It took a long time for me to atone my sin of voting for Blair.

:toast:
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby MADNOTBAD » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:31 pm

24HourNut wrote:
MADNOTBAD wrote:
I know the feeling well Frank. It took a long time for me to atone my sin of voting for Blair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNpoS6jOty4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04mI3d336JE

MADNOTBAD

Postby Brian » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:41 pm

As for the post topic, I try not to feel a woman if I know she's an idiot beforehand. That hasn't always gone according to plan, though. :oops:
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby sledge » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:03 am

Ok my turn i made an idiot of myself outside an ex-girlfriend's house in a suburban street. I went out to get something out my car but i realised i had left my car keys in the ignition and the car was locked tight. I tried picking the lock with no luck and then tried forcing the door open and that didn't work so i became enraged and started kicking and hitting the car door. As i was making alot of noise the neighbours came out of there houses to see what the noise was. I then realised i had an audience so i quickly ran back into my ex-girlfriend's house and called my dad to bring the spare keys instead. My ex was laffing so loudly! :rofl2:
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Postby Boba » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:31 am

sledge wrote:Ok my turn i made an idiot of myself outside an ex-girlfriend's house in a suburban street. I went out to get something out my car but i realised i had left my car keys in the ignition and the car was locked tight. I tried picking the lock with no luck and then tried forcing the door open and that didn't work so i became enraged and started kicking and hitting the car door. As i was making alot of noise the neighbours came out of there houses to see what the noise was. I then realised i had an audience so i quickly ran back into my ex-girlfriend's house and called my dad to bring the spare keys instead. My ex was laffing so loudly! :rofl2:

Providing entertainment is a marketable talent Sledge!
Boba
Contributor

Postby Barmaley » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:59 am

Just a small clarification: Barmaley on my avatar looks stupid while the character suppose to look may be stupid but for sure evil. This image was the first picture I could find if few minutes when I was asked what Barmaley means. I have never use avatars before. I always thought that is was a terrible idea of all those ugly avatars; I was surprised that people have so low taste to place such things next to their names. I could not believe that I did follow suite, but I did and I feel embarrassed. Have I ever did more embarrassing things in my life? Probably. But at this time this embarrassment over-power other ones.
Barmaley

Postby MADNOTBAD » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:01 pm

sledge wrote:Ok my turn i made an idiot of myself outside an ex-girlfriend's house in a suburban street. I went out to get something out my car but i realised i had left my car keys in the ignition and the car was locked tight. I tried picking the lock with no luck and then tried forcing the door open and that didn't work so i became enraged and started kicking and hitting the car door. As i was making alot of noise the neighbours came out of there houses to see what the noise was. I then realised i had an audience so i quickly ran back into my ex-girlfriend's house and called my dad to bring the spare keys instead. My ex was laffing so loudly! :rofl2:

:goodpost:

you just reminded me of another embaressing moment but thankfully not to me but my best friend who Is Turkish and I point that out for a reason.

She had just passed her driving test and had driven to a shopping mall In Yate, Bristol, a few miles from my home. She returned to the car with her shopping and found the key would not work the lock on the drivers door. She phoned me up and In her pigeon English tried to explain 'It won't work Darling'. I went through several things with her like trying the passenger door etc and no 'It still won't work Darling'. In the end I drove out to her and found her standing In pouring rain beside a car but It was not her car.... Her car was parked 3 cars away. :Encore:
MADNOTBAD

Postby Barmaley » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:37 pm

This is a real story. A young Russian lady recently immigrated to USA studied English for 4 years and thought that she was good it. In a week after arrival she started a work as a receptionist as a law firm. In the first day around noon her boss told her that he will go out to get some coffee and will be back in 15-20 minutes. Just after he left a phone rang and she was asked to talk to Mr. Johnes. I am sorry, she said but he just passed away. After she heard some murmur at the other end like "I am sorry to here that" she replyed - "it's OK, he will be back in 15 minutes"
Barmaley

PreviousNext

Return to 24's Open Talk