Have you ever felt an Idiot?

General discussions about anything.

Re: Have you ever felt an Idiot?

Postby Brian » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Barmaley wrote:This is a real story. A young Russian lady recently immigrated to USA studied English for 4 years and thought that she was good it. In a week after arrival she started a work as a receptionist as a law firm. In the first day around noon her boss told her that he will go out to get some coffee and will be back in 15-20 minutes. Just after he left a phone rang and she was asked to talk to Mr. Johnes. I am sorry, she said but he just passed away. After she heard some murmur at the other end like "I am sorry to here that" she replyed - "it's OK, he will be back in 15 minutes"

:rofl2: I like that, Barmaley. :) I have known some Russian people who were new to speaking English, and that kind of mistake is easy to make. :) But I shouldn't talk, because I don't know any Russian at all, except what I can get from Google Translate. :)
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby sledge » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:08 pm

Barmaley wrote:This is a real story. A young Russian lady recently immigrated to USA studied English for 4 years and thought that she was good it. In a week after arrival she started a work as a receptionist as a law firm. In the first day around noon her boss told her that he will go out to get some coffee and will be back in 15-20 minutes. Just after he left a phone rang and she was asked to talk to Mr. Johnes. I am sorry, she said but he just passed away. After she heard some murmur at the other end like "I am sorry to here that" she replyed - "it's OK, he will be back in 15 minutes"

:rofl2: I wish i was a fly on the wall.

Another embarassing and funny moment was I was sitting in a church meeting and the preacher was talking to the church and everyone was listening when suddenly my mobile(cell) phone started ringing which was then The Darth Vader Theme and the preacher stopped and I was trying to turn the phone off and he said 'May the Force be with you' and everyone laughed and i turned red. :banghead: but now i laughing about it. :lol:
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Postby scarletangel » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:29 am

When i make mistakes...LMAO
scarletangel

Previous

Return to 24's Open Talk