spot - the Intro Thread

Greet the forum!

Re: spot - the Intro Thread

Postby spot » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Just don't boil over or you'll have to clean your own collective mess up, I'm not doing that for you.

The logic of un-true, your claim you did not 'lurk' before joining. The mere fact that you can quote one of my posts here from over a week ago proves this beyond doubt, to pick a sample, shows a predictable lack of logic. When was the rent boy thread? Ten days before I registered? Something like that? I stored it at the time because, containing the things it did, it wasn't likely to last long. Sure enough it seems not to have. I prefer an accurate copy to subsequent claims which might be made. I kept one. All the other quotes, including the amazing "at the end of the day, enough cash on the table can persuede anyone", I picked up wandering around the day I registered. Which was, thinking about it, yesterday. Simply lurking wouldn't have allowed me to see the members-only areas, after all. Try logging out and finding it.

I have an underlying principle, that far more benefit comes of invariably telling the truth online than ever telling a lie does. I may withhold information but nothing I write contains any deliberate falsehood.

Anyway, where were we. Introductions, that's right. Who's next?
spot

Postby Brian » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:26 pm

I think you've actually introduced yourself pretty thoroughly here, Spot. We should probably leave well enough alone in this thread. :)
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby spot » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Brian wrote:I think you've actually introduced yourself pretty thoroughly here, Spot. We should probably leave well enough alone in this thread. :)

Seriously? Surely the opera ain't over till the fat lady sings. Where's Brünhilde?

I'm prepared to bow to advice but you might need to lock it to keep the eruptions at bay.
spot

Postby Brian » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:39 pm

spot wrote:
Brian wrote:I think you've actually introduced yourself pretty thoroughly here, Spot. We should probably leave well enough alone in this thread. :)

Seriously? Surely the opera ain't over till the fat lady sings. Where's Brünhilde?

I'm prepared to bow to advice but you might need to lock it to keep the eruptions at bay.

I just don't like the way the thread is trending, really. I understand that there are different personalities on the board, but I would appreciate it if people kept things civil. I remove threads for a reason, and it had nothing to do with outside pressure. (I moved the thread because it was unseemly to have such a thing out in the open, but I didn't delete it due to pressure.) If I wanted people to keep bickering with each other, the thread would still be up.

Having said all that, I suppose the thread could stay open, if people would please keep in mind the need for us all to be respectful of each other. If someone here rubs you the wrong way, designate them as a "foe" on your profile page, and move on with your life.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Linnea » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:45 pm

spot wrote:

Sorry, I can't carry a tune.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Postby spot » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Brian wrote:I just don't like the way the thread is trending, really. I understand that there are different personalities on the board, but I would appreciate it if people kept things civil.
I don't feel the need to take a whack at anyone every time they pop their head up. Keeping my account above the kindergarten level matters to me. Perhaps we're all adult enough here to do that if we try.
spot

Postby Brian » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:03 pm

spot wrote:
Brian wrote:I just don't like the way the thread is trending, really. I understand that there are different personalities on the board, but I would appreciate it if people kept things civil.
I don't feel the need to take a whack at anyone every time they pop their head up. Keeping my account above the kindergarten level matters to me. Perhaps we're all adult enough here to do that if we try.

Hell...There's a first time for everything... :thumbleft:

Brian
Site Admin

Postby 24HourNut » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:19 am

spot wrote:Just don't boil over or you'll have to clean your own collective mess up, I'm not doing that for you.

The logic of un-true, your claim you did not 'lurk' before joining. The mere fact that you can quote one of my posts here from over a week ago proves this beyond doubt, to pick a sample, shows a predictable lack of logic. When was the rent boy thread? Ten days before I registered? Something like that? I stored it at the time because, containing the things it did, it wasn't likely to last long. Sure enough it seems not to have. I prefer an accurate copy to subsequent claims which might be made. I kept one. All the other quotes, including the amazing "at the end of the day, enough cash on the table can persuede anyone", I picked up wandering around the day I registered. Which was, thinking about it, yesterday. Simply lurking wouldn't have allowed me to see the members-only areas, after all. Try logging out and finding it.

I have an underlying principle, that far more benefit comes of invariably telling the truth online than ever telling a lie does. I may withhold information but nothing I write contains any deliberate falsehood.

Wow, what a bunch of excuse making for insecure forum drama queen activity.
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Cynicalninja » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:26 am

This Spot guy certainly seems to have franks knickers in a twist.

:rofl2:

Nice to see the resurfacing of franks barely concealed anti-British xenophobia.

Someone needs to remind Frank that this isn't Mock forums.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby Brian » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:45 am

24HourNut wrote:
spot wrote:Just don't boil over or you'll have to clean your own collective mess up, I'm not doing that for you.

Wow, what a bunch of excuse making for insecure forum drama queen activity.

Frank: Give it a rest.

Brian
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Say Hello!