International Issues.

A fitting Tribute to the greatest

Postby MADNOTBAD » Sat May 01, 2010 4:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK9_6lc- ... re=related

STAY SAFE AND I'LL BE SEEING YOU SOON.
MADNOTBAD

Re: A fitting Tribute to the greatest

Postby MADNOTBAD » Sun May 02, 2010 6:04 pm

I first saw this horse around 4 years ago. I was taken racing by my Father at a very young age and I got the bug and National Hunt Racing became my passion. I have been fortunate over the years to see many of the greats including Red Rum, Troy, Best Mate and the Wonderful Desert Orchid who's record was taken by Kauto star on boxing day last year.
Although following his horrendous fall at the Gold Cup In March, his Jockey remounted and cantered him in, apparently all was not well. I have seen many horses fall over the years and very sadly I have seen them break their necks and legs. When Kauto Star blundered on the 8th fence I knew all was not well. I blame the rain soaked ground myself. When he fell at the 4th from from home, I have never in my life seen a horse fall so hard and roll over and over on his neck as Kauto did. I swear that the 10 seconds or so It took him to get on his feet seem liked years and I truely believe my heart stopped and my blood ran cold. Tears were streaming down my face and even when he got up, I could not stop them.

I've seen thousands of horses race but the first time I ever laid eyes on Kauto Star, I knew there was something so special about him. He oozed sassy confidence that came to the front each time I watched him run. I don't profess to be able to spot Champion record breakers early In their career but looking back to that day four years ago, I knew this was going to be the greatest horse that was ever to run and I was humbled to be In his presence.

Kauto Star has made racing history in may ways. He Is the only horse In history to ever re-gain The Gold Cup. The only horse to ever win four consequtive King George Stakes and the only horse to ever win a Classic race by 36 lengths. The last record was held way back in 1962 when 'Arkle' won by 30 lengths.

I read with great sadness today that all was not well when he fell and will not race for the rest of the year. His trainer has said he was one very lucky horse who nearly broke his neck. he said that after the fall, he returned to his box dejected, head down with tufts of grass stuck to his head from the fall, almost as though he knew he wasn't going to be the Star that day. Apparently he stayed dejected for several days after. They have said that only providing he Is up to It and only If Kauto Star wants to, he will race in a bid to secure a 5th consequtive win In the King George Stakes this Boxing Day. All going well, he will meet his Stable mate and rival 'Denman' In the Gold Cup In March next year. The Bookies are vbeing cautious and the odds are short for him to regain his crown.

Please everyone who reads this, pray for this horse to re-gain his power, strength and Character to return to the Kauto star this Nation Adores.
MADNOTBAD

Postby MADNOTBAD » Sun May 02, 2010 6:14 pm

Our Prayers are also with Champion Irish Jockey 'Ruby Walsh', Kauto Star's jockey who broke his arm at Aintree jsut before the Grand National a few weeks ago. Recover soon Ruby... We want to see you back On kauto Star In the Gold Cup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-rpbeHO ... re=related

The Greatest Jumps Jockey ever.
MADNOTBAD

Postby MADNOTBAD » Sun May 02, 2010 6:34 pm

So who Is this 'Denman' that the racing world only associates with Kauto Star? The one who they talk of as Kauto's Greatest Rival?

I first saw Denamn run again around 4 years ago. He has 2 nicknames In the racing world and Is known as 'The Tank' Or 'Demolition Denman. This Is the second greatest horse to ever run. He has not taken the records like Kauto but very nearly equalled Kauto's record of being the only horse to re-gain the Gold Cup when he came a valient second this year behind Imperial Commander. The rivals only ever meet In the Gold Cup. They share the same trainer and reside In the same Stables In Somerset, England. He's unpredictable Denman, If he doesn't want to race, he won't. If he wants to throw his jockey, he will and If he can't be bothered, he'll lark around. Yet when he can be bothered, he is a menacing machine that Is has been the only threat to Kauto Star's crown. Watching him win the Gold Cup 3 years ago It was if he had got his revenge on his stable mate and the following year when they battled again, It was Kauto who exacted revenge on him.
At Aintree last year, Denman suffered what was described as 'A near fatal fall'. The previous year his odds looked bleak when he had a heart scare just before the Gold Cup. Yet when Denman wants to do something he will. He beat all the odds to come back fighting fit and come runner up In this years Gold Cup.

The racing world is waiting for the Kauto/ Denman re-match providing Kauto regains his power. It will be one hell of a match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZV5C7zL ... re=related

God Speed.
MADNOTBAD

Return to Mad's British View