The Nazi King Edward VIII,

International Issues.

The Nazi King Edward VIII,

Postby sledge » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:18 am

I recently watched this documentary about King Edward VIII who was a nazi Sympathizer i learnt something I didn't know that Edward informed the Germans that Britain had the plans for the Invasion of France had been discovered. That's a traitor! :bs:

Watch Part 1 of 3
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Re: The Nazi King Edward VIII,

Postby MADNOTBAD » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:24 pm

The United States’ FBI reported that Wallis Simpson had an affair in 1936 with the German Reich’s Ambassador to Britain, Joachim von Ribbentrop. This led the governments of both the United States and the United Kingdom that Simpson was a Nazi sympathizer – undoubtedly, a terrible thing for the King of Britain to get involved in. While the truth of these claims will most likely never been known for sure, they do an excellent job of portraying the public opinion of Ms. Wallis Simpson in 1936.
Stanley Baldwin, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom under Edward, made it clear that were Edward to marry Wallis, the members of the government under the king would all resign. Baldwin thus presented three options to Edward in handling the situation: 1) Marry, and Wallis Simpson would become Queen (which Edward would not do, as the government would resign); 2) Marry, and Wallis would receive a lesser title than Queen (known as a morganatic marriage); 3) Abdicate, and marry Wallis. Upon review, all but one of Edward’s prime ministers throughout the empire rejected the first two options – they would all resign if he chose either one.
MADNOTBAD

Postby sledge » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Quite true Mad.

There 's another documentary I saw which states if the Invasion of britain had been successful9which it was not) then hitler was going to put Edward on the throne as a Puppet King. Try find the name of it.. :scratch:
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Postby Brian » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:32 am

Edward would be the obvious choice for a puppet king. Frankly, I'm surprised the man was allowed to live. I would've thought he'd be taken out.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby MADNOTBAD » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:26 am

sledge wrote:Quite true Mad.

There 's another documentary I saw which states if the Invasion of britain had been successful9which it was not) then hitler was going to put Edward on the throne as a Puppet King. Try find the name of it.. :scratch:

In October 1937, the Duke and Duchess visited Nazi Germany, against the advice of the British government, and met Adolf Hitler at his Obersalzberg retreat. The visit was much publicised by the German media. During the visit the Duke gave full Nazi salutes to Hitler and the Nazi's. The former Austrian ambassador, Count Albert von Mensdorff-Pouilly-Dietrichstein, who was also a second cousin once removed and friend of George V, believed that Edward favoured German fascism as a bulwark against communism, and even that he initially favoured an alliance with Germany. Edward's experience of "the unending scenes of horror" during World War I led him to support appeasement. Hitler considered Edward to be friendly towards Nazi Germany and thought that Anglo-German relations could have been improved through Edward if it were not for the abdication. Fellow Nazi Albert Speer quoted Hitler directly: "I am certain through him permanent friendly relations could have been achieved. If he had stayed, everything would have been different. His abdication was a severe loss for us.

It was reported that the Nazi’s were using Simpson for her connection to The King, and she was happy to provide them with all the British insider information they wanted, as long as she was paid. When the FBI investigated the matter, and reported to President Roosevelt with their findings, he was quoted as saying that Wallis Simpson “played around…with the Ribbentrop set.” After marrying Edward in 1937, the two met The Fuhrer, Adolph Hitler– whispered sweet pro-German sentiments, and were becoming full-blown Nazi sympathizers. It’s now well known that if all had gone as planned, the Nazis would defeat Great Britain– and Hitler had every intention of then restoring Edward to the throne. All that was enough to make the British take immediate action.
MADNOTBAD

Return to Mad's British View