Page 1 of 2

So who will win the Gold Cup?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:14 am
by MADNOTBAD
In any normal year of the Gold Cup, I would be placing my bet on who I think will win.
This year, I will not be placing a bet on the Gold Cup on Saturday 18th March as I have never seen such a close call In all the years of racing. The race Is full of the very best of British and French racehorses.

My heart is telling me Kauto Star.... winner of 2 Gold Cups but my head Is telling me 'Imperial Commander'.

Then there Is 'the Tank', Denman who could surprise us all again,

See my Signature and we will have to wait and see.

Re: So who will win the Gold Cup?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:21 am
by MADNOTBAD
I would also love to see Denman re-gain the Gold Cup

This Is my own pic I took of him at Newbury In November.

Re: So who will win the Gold Cup?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:04 pm
by MADNOTBAD
Ultimately, the Icing on the cake would be a Kauto/Denman 1/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIvEBS26p78

The magnificent Kauto Star

Re: So who will win the Gold Cup?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:47 pm
by 23hourfruitcake
I agree that it's going to be a very close call between the champs. Kauto Star, Denman and Imperial Commander but the threat to this mix could be Neptunes Collonges. I don't fancy Long Run's chances at all and think he only won the King George due to Kauto's infection and banking the second to last fence although the bookies seem to be favouring him. Kauto Star needs to jump well to regain the cup.
Denman could throw his jockey in one of his moods and Imperial Commander could fall.

Re: So who will win the Gold Cup?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:32 pm
by MADNOTBAD
23hourfruitcake wrote:I agree that it's going to be a very close call between the champs. Kauto Star, Denman and Imperial Commander but the threat to this mix could be Neptunes Collonges. I don't fancy Long Run's chances at all and think he only won the King George due to Kauto's infection and banking the second to last fence although the bookies seem to be favouring him. Kauto Star needs to jump well to regain the cup.
Denman could throw his jockey in one of his moods and Imperial Commander could fall.

Totally agree. neptunes ran a cracking race at the Cheltenham trials last month after being out of action for 18 months.... he can certainly win as he's finished behind Denman before. I last saw him at Newbury but unfortunately, Madison Du Berlais brought him down at the 2nd and we didn't get chance to see his form. Took a cracking pic of him though In the paddock... a beautiful majestic horse.

Re: So who will win the Gold Cup?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:36 pm
by MADNOTBAD
This Is my pic of Denman at Newbury... as the title holder of the Hennessy Gold Cup, he had to do his lap of honour In front of the grandstand for the adoring fans.

Re: So who will win the Gold Cup?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:44 pm
by 23hourfruitcake
MADNOTBAD wrote:This Is my pic of Denman at Newbury... as the title holder of the Hennessy Gold Cup, he had to do his lap of honour In front of the grandstand for the adoring fans.
That's a brill photograph Mad.

First day of the festival, so any winners today Mad?

Re: So who will win the Gold Cup?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:25 am
by MADNOTBAD
23hourfruitcake wrote:
MADNOTBAD wrote:This Is my pic of Denman at Newbury... as the title holder of the Hennessy Gold Cup, he had to do his lap of honour In front of the grandstand for the adoring fans.
That's a brill photograph Mad.

First day of the festival, so any winners today Mad?
Just come home to settle down In front of the TV for day 2.

No winners yesterday, just Garde Champetre 2nd, Finians Rainbow 2nd and Dunguib a dissapointing 8th.
Well, It's nearly 1.30 pm as I write this........ my bets for the day are Master Minded, Mikael d'Haguenet and Noland....

Down to Cheltenham early friday morning for the big one. :woo:

Re: So who will win the Gold Cup?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:19 pm
by 23hourfruitcake
Sorry Mad but you've not had a good day have you? :sorry:

Re: So who will win the Gold Cup?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:43 pm
by MADNOTBAD
23hourfruitcake wrote:Sorry Mad but you've not had a good day have you? :sorry:

:rofl2: NO... yesterday Ruby Walsh let me down. One faller, one un-footed and 2 un-placed... BUT... brilliant day today. As predicted Big Bucks won 3 consequetive World Hurdles with a close 2nd by Grand Crus. Got the F/c but the payout was low due to the odds on Big Bucks Also had Alberta's Run and a 2nd place payout on Kalahari King.

The odds shortened on Kauto Star for tomorrow with the ground drying out In his favour. Can' t wait.... will be leaving at 6 am to make sure I get a good position on the course
:woo: