THOR

Comics: characters, movies, TV, & toys.

Moderator: Wolverine

THOR

Postby Wolverine » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:05 pm

Stellan Skarsgård (Hunt for Red October, Good Will Hunting, Pirates of the Caribbean) has reportedly signed on to join the cast of the upcoming 2011 Marvel movie, Thor.

Skarsgard joins Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Natalie Portman (Jane Foster), Jaimie Alexander (Sif) and Tom Hiddleston (Loki) but would not disclose which character he'll be playing.

The movie, which is set to being production later this summmer for a 2011 release, centers around the Norse god Thor who is banished to Earth from Asgard. Portman (V for Vendetta, Star Wars) is cast as Hemsworth's (George Kirk, new Star Trek) main love interest with Hiddleston playing the mischievous villain, Loki.
nothing says "I LOVE YOU" like sex in the morning.
Wolverine

Re: THOR

Postby Wolverine » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Marvel has officially announced their casting decisions for the Warriors Three in the upcoming Thor movie.

"Fandral will be played by Stuart Townsend. The job of Hogun goes to Tadanobu Asano. And Volstagg will be portrayed Ray Stevenson (King Arthur)."

For those of you asking "who the hell are the Warriors Three?" they're three of Thor's fellow Asgardians who often fight along side our hammer-wielding hero.

Volstagg (the defacto leader of the Warriors Three) was presumed killed when Thor triggered Ragnarok, but instead was merely trapped in a human body. After being freed all three warriors lived in the new Asgard which Thor created.

"Chuck" star, Zachary Levi, had apparently been set to play Fandral but with production launch in January and initial filming to begin late August, his series commitment apparently made it impossible. (thank God)
Wolverine

Postby Wolverine » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Directors behind Marvel superhero movies have been coming up with creative cameos for Stan Lee, who recently revealed that he has already filming his part in "Thor."

Now, FanboyWeb is reporting that they know exactly what the cameo will be. In my opinion, their description of the scene doesn't sound right. Plus I'm not sure about the website and their sources. So for now, consider this just a rumor.

The website writes: "Thor's hammer (Mjolnir) is found in the middle of a road somewhere inside a crater by the army. The Army tries to remove it but can't because it's way too heavy. They decide to bring in a truck to help. The army men tie Thor's hammer to the back of the truck with chains hoping to pull it off the road. The truck driver accelerates to pull the Hammer. The back half of the truck falls apart from the front and the front keeps going. Finally, there's a focus on the driver. it's revealed to be Comic Legion Stan Lee."
Wolverine

Postby 24HourNut » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:38 am

Have to love a good "someone tried to move Thor's hammer" story. :thumbleft:
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Wolverine » Tue May 04, 2010 11:04 pm

OFFICIAL Image of Hemsworth decked out in THOR gear. too cool. looks a lot like the "Reborn" storyline THOR armor. not sure i like the bearded thor look, tho.
Attachments
thor2.jpg
thor2.jpg (88.35 KiB) Viewed 5590 times
THOR1.jpg
THOR1.jpg (56.65 KiB) Viewed 5590 times
Wolverine

Postby Wolverine » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:03 pm

concept art of Hemsworth as THOR
Attachments
thorconceptart1.jpg
thorconceptart1.jpg (114.77 KiB) Viewed 5578 times
Wolverine

Postby 24HourNut » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:57 am

Woohoo! I still can't believe I got to see a real Thor hammer in a movie (IronMan2).
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Cynicalninja » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:06 pm

I was never a big fan of Thor, he always looked slightly out of place to me in the Avengers, but then all that Norse mythology stuff doesn't really float my boat.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby Wolverine » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:56 pm

of all the superhero movies coming out or slated to come out in the next 2 years, i am most excited for this one.
the storyline sounds great. the actors have all gone out of their way to understand the mythology(comic book canon) and Marvel really let Brannaugh go wild with his interpretation. and i am really excited.
Wolverine

Postby sledge » Thu May 12, 2011 9:29 am

Well the film's finally out and sitting at No1 at the USA Box Office.

The God of Thunder reigned at the North American box office over the weekend as Thor, starring Australian actor Chris Hemsworth in the titular role, became the latest Marvel comic book superhero to leap to the big screen.

According to studio estimates, the 3D adaptation sold about $US66 million ($61.5 million) worth of tickets during its first three days of release across the US and Canada, the second-biggest opening of the year.

The revenue was in line with industry forecasts, and came just one week after Fast Five set the 2011 record with its $86 million start.

The films traded places internationally, with Fast Five earning $87 million during the weekend and Thor $46 million.

The action duo is leading Hollywood's tentative recovery from a dismal year that has seen North American ticket sales plunge about 14 per cent.

But the industry hopes to gain more ground in coming weeks on the back of new sequels for Pirates of the Caribbean, The Hangover and Kung Fu Panda.

Thor, starring former Home and Away actor Hemsworth, was directed by Kenneth Branagh, a British actor and filmmaker best known for his deft handling of Shakespearean material.

Critics generally approved of the movie, and movie-goers polled by the survey firm CinemaScore gave it a solid B-plus rating, according to Paramount.

Men accounted for almost two-thirds of the audience.

But its $66 million opening fell far short of the first instalments of other movies in the Marvel stable, such as 2002's Spider-Man ($115 million) and 2008's Iron Man ($99 million).

Somewhat ominously it barely exceeded the $62 million start for Hulk in 2003, the first of two failed attempts to turn the angry green man into a movie franchise.

But it handily exceeded the openings of 2000's X-Men ($54 million) and 2005's Fantastic Four ($56 million).

"It's a good start and a solid place for this franchise to be," said Don Harris, executive vice-president of distribution at Paramount Pictures.

Also British Box-Office
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 ... 208072.htm

Quite Positive Reviews and a friend told it's really good but had reservations about the costume.

Watch the Trailer
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Next

Return to Wolverine's Hero Hangout