wolverine sequel

Comics: characters, movies, TV, & toys.

Moderator: Wolverine

wolverine sequel

Postby Wolverine » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Darren Aronofsky's directing. He says the new flick will be called The Wolverine and will be a "one-off," or standalone project. The script, written by Christopher McQuarrie, involves Logan beginning a forbidden romance with a Japanese woman whose hand in marriage is, unfortunately, promised to another man. Since Logan won't take "no" for an answer, it puts him into battle with her father and her samurai-sword-wielding brothers.

A release date has not been set yet for the film.
nothing says "I LOVE YOU" like sex in the morning.
Wolverine

Re: wolverine sequel(Update)

Postby sledge » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Some Updating News..

THE WOLVERINE UPDATE: HUGH JACKMAN SAYS THE SEARCH FOR A DIRECTOR CONTINUES

The man set to reprise his role for the fifth time as Marvel's most popular mutant spoke briefly about the stage of the project after director Darren Aronofsky's recent and sudden departure.

Earlier this month, Darren Aronofsky stated that production on 20th Century Fox's The Wolverine will keep him out of the country for too long a period and opted to exit the project only weeks away from the start of filming.

Rumors abounded that Fox would delay the film from both principal photography and it's theatrical release regardless if a director could be signed quickly. According to the star of the film, Hugh Jackman, the studio still plans on moving forward with the film but has yet to choose Aronofsky's replacement:

"We need to find another director and once we've found that, we'll be able to know. It's too early to call on Japan [where the majority of filming will take place], I'm not sure where they're at, so now we're finding another director.

"Fox is very anxious to make the movie and we're moving ahead full steam to find another director."

The Wolverine, running off of a script penned by Christopher McQuarrie, will take place mostly in Japan and is based upon the character's comic book adventures written and illustrated by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller.

The Plot sounds good to me. Get me Hugh!!
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Re: wolverine sequel

Postby Wolverine » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:08 am

i sincerely wish they would make a "true" wolverine movie. R rated. never gonna happen tho.
nothing says "I LOVE YOU" like sex in the morning.
Wolverine

Re: wolverine sequel

Postby sledge » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:04 am

Wolverine wrote:i sincerely wish they would make a "true" wolverine movie. R rated. never gonna happen tho.

Probably would turn into a steven seagal film :lol: I think they want more different aged groups watching than just adults over 18 or 21 and more $$$
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Return to Wolverine's Hero Hangout