Stone Selected As Mary Jane For ‘Spider-Man’ Reboot

Comics: characters, movies, TV, & toys.

Moderator: Wolverine

Stone Selected As Mary Jane For ‘Spider-Man’ Reboot

Postby sledge » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:59 am

It is confirmed that Andrew Garfield is going to don the role of Spiderman in the reboot of this popular film. There is news that Mary Jane will be played by Emma Stone from the popular Zombieland and Drive series. This has been reported by perezhilton.com and she has been offered the role to play the love interest of Spiderman. The previous film saw Kirsten Dunst playing the role along with Tobey Maguire as the main protagonist Peter Parker. The most famous scene of this film was Spiderman kissing Mary Jane hanging upside down. Its time to wait and watch to see what this new couple comes up with!

Source: Scifipulse

Why are they rebooting The Spiderman Movie series so soon quite enjoyed the first 3 movies. Time will tell i guess :scratch:
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Re: Stone Selected As Mary Jane For ‘Spider-Man’ Reboot

Postby Wolverine » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:07 pm

Emma Stone is going to be Gwen Stacey. Parker's first GF out of HS(before he got the nerve up to ask MJ out)
Gwen is the one that Goblin hangs off the Brooklyn Bridge. Spidey jumps to catch her, does, but the force of the catch snaps her neck.

not looking forward to this movie either. they are rebooting the whole franchise, not just revamping it.
have you gone out and looked for some of the set pics? the lenses on his mask are orange-y colored, not silver/white.
most annoyingly, he's wearing silver ballet slippers while in costume. WTF?!!?

take a look...
Attachments
spider-man-575.jpg
spider-man-575.jpg (295.03 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
nothing says "I LOVE YOU" like sex in the morning.
Wolverine

Postby sledge » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:19 pm

what Ballet Shoes?? :bs: don't like that costume much either according to that picture u posted.
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Postby Wolverine » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:53 am

here's a closer pic of the suit. see his head? it's not even a web anymore, its a frickin' sheet of graph paper.
look at wrists. they're giving him webshooters like he has in the comics.
personally, i liked how they explained it in the Tobey movies:genetic mutation.
i never really bought into Parker making it himself. i mean, a HS kid inventing a chemical compound in a Public High School chemistry lab, that NO one else has ever thought of making before? plus having the engineering and fabrication skills to create a delivery system for that compound?
Reed Richards and Tony Stark(2 of the smartest people in the whole of the Marvel U) have said how impressive his work was and how neither of them would've been able to come up with that combination of chemicals.
i realize that comics are supposed to be a "suspension of reality" but... yes, i know. i being bitten by a radioactive spider and getting super strength and all that other, i'm OK with. it's the idea of him creating brand new technology that i have the problem.
Attachments
Spider-Man1.jpg
Spider-Man1.jpg (2.4 MiB) Viewed 3740 times
nothing says "I LOVE YOU" like sex in the morning.
Wolverine

Return to Wolverine's Hero Hangout