X-Men: First Class

Comics: characters, movies, TV, & toys.

Moderator: Wolverine

X-Men: First Class

Postby Wolverine » Mon May 31, 2010 7:58 pm

(from Superherohype.com)

Twentieth Century Fox has closed a deal with James McAvoy (the kid from Wanted) to star as Charles Xavier in X-Men: First Class, to be directed by Matthew Vaughn.

X-Men: First Class begins production this summer for a June 3, 2011 release. Bryan Singer, who conceived the story for "First Class" and directed the original X-Men and its sequel X2, is producing along with Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg.

Additional casting is underway and will be announced shortly.

X-Men: First Class, following the classic Marvel mythology, charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-Men.
nothing says "I LOVE YOU" like sex in the morning.
Wolverine

Re: X-Men: First Class

Postby 24HourNut » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 am

Gotta love it ...
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Wolverine » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:33 pm

24HourNut wrote:Gotta love it ...

this way we won't have to sit thru an X-Men Origins: Magneto movie
Wolverine

Postby Cynicalninja » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:29 am

I hope this is going to be better than the Wolverine Origins film which I personally found very disappointing.

I don't understand the current obsession with re-imagining and reinventing superhero films that were made in the last ten years like they are currently doing with Spiderman. "So theres this nerdy guy called Peter Parker who gets bitten by a radioactive spider and he starts to develop spider like super powers!", yes we know, we have already been told this story. Are they so desperate for ideas they are now reduced to re-telling stories they have already told us?
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby Wolverine » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:06 am

Cynicalninja wrote:I hope this is going to be better than the Wolverine Origins film which I personally found very disappointing.

I don't understand the current obsession with re-imagining and reinventing superhero films that were made in the last ten years like they are currently doing with Spiderman. "So theres this nerdy guy called Peter Parker who gets bitten by a radioactive spider and he starts to develop spider like super powers!", yes we know, we have already been told this story. Are they so desperate for ideas they are now reduced to re-telling stories they have already told us?

i still don't understand that one. they're going back to High School with the story. to get more "kids" involved. Hello? that's what the cartoon is for. rebooting a multi-billion dollar franchise, whose last movie is less that 3 years old... just don't get it.

rebooting Ghost Rider is a GREAT idea. no Nick Cage. any time he gets involved in the production of a film it is complete crap. and the stupid thing is, Cage is one of the most famous comic book nerds. when he married Elvis' daughter, Lisa-Marie, she convinced him to sell the bulk of his collection: several hundred-thousand worth.
Wolverine

Postby billyjordon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:13 am

There are plenty of big action scenes throughout but it's the first half of the film that really impresses, The leading cast do a brilliant job in giving you a sense of their conflict with ingredients such as prejudice and ignorance. There was just so much joy to be had in this film that I feel rather overwhelmed by it as I was not expecting a superhero movie with this kind character depth.
billyjordon

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:00 pm

How's it cookin' Billy boy????

ed:
Before every action and decision think of the consequences 7 generations into the future....Ute Rule of Life
Quicksilver

Return to Wolverine's Hero Hangout