Robocop Remake 2013

Sci-Fi news & discussions.

Moderator: sledge

Robocop Remake 2013

Postby sledge » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:29 am

Looks as though Robocopy will be coming back to our screens to clean up the scum in a dystopic & crime ridden Detroit of the future. I an a fan of first 2 films back in the 1980's didn't see the third film but did watch a few episodes of the 1990's TV series. I feel Robocop needs an update. Will keep ya posted on the New Remake but if you know please post(share) on this thread.

A RoboCop remake may be in the offing, but it’ll be quite different from the 80s original, says director José Padilha…

Published on Sep 21, 2011

It’s been known for some time now that Elite Squad director José Padilha is set to remake Paul Verhoeven’s 1987 classic, RoboCop. Up until now, not a great deal has been said about what direction his take on the film will go in, but Padilha recently spoke briefly about his RoboCop to the Dutch website, Film1.

“I love the sharpness and political tone of RoboCop,” Padilha, said, pointing out just how sly and intelligently made the original was, beneath all the violence. Not everyone will necessarily agree with what he had to say next, though: “I think that such a film is now urgently needed.”

Nevertheless, Padilha insists that his RoboCop won’t be a straightforward remake, but a film that explores rather different issues from the original.

“I will not repeat what Verhoeven did so clearly and strongly,” Padilha continued. “Instead, I will try to make a film that will address topics that Verhoeven didn’t cover. What is the difference between humans and robots? What is free will? What does it mean to lose your free will? Those are the issues that I think.”

Padilha’s RoboCop won’t be out until some time in 2013, so expect lots more snippets of information to trickle in regarding it over the coming months.

There is an entry of the Remake at imdb here
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234721/

The Original Robocop
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Re: Robocop Remake 2013

Postby sledge » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:35 am

Joel Kinnaman has been casted as the New Robocop(all over the net and now listed on imdb). No russell Crowe is not casted as rumours have been floating all over the net. :lol:

The Killing actor Joel Kinnaman confirmed for RoboCop remake

Joel Kinnaman has been confirmed as the star of the upcoming RoboCop remake, after being linked to the title role more than a week ago.

The actor, best known for his role in the US version of The Killing, will play officer Alex Murphy as well as his metal-suited crimefighting counterpart.

If you haven't seen him in The Killing, chances are you've caught him in a background role in the likes of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Safe House or The Darkest Hour.

His best known movie in his native Sweden is possibly Snabba Cash (Easy Money), which was directed by Safe House's Daniel Espinosa. Kinnaman will be seen in Snabba Cash II later this year.

He'll be following in the footsteps of Peter Weller, who played RoboCop in the first two movies in the series. Kinnaman was shortlisted for the lead role in Thor, so it looks like this'll be his first shot at a blockbuster breakout.

Joel Kinnaman as Robocop
sledge

Postby silverpop » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:54 pm

why can't they leave good movies alone? this remake will most likely be fair, but not as good as the old robocop movies
expect the unexpected

15 yrs unoffically

1997-Present
silverpop

Postby sledge » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:33 pm

we'll see what the remake turns out to be, still like the original films mainly Robocop 1 & 2. :bigsmile:
sledge

Return to Sledge's Sci-Fi Paradise