Jane Badler to return to V

Sci-Fi news & discussions.

Moderator: sledge

Jane Badler to return to V

Postby sledge » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:50 pm

Actress Jane Badler is set to appear in V 27 years after her cult role as Diana, the villainess deputy in the alien miniseries.
Badler will reappear as Diana, the mother of Anna (Morena Baccarin) in a recurring role for the second series.
Fans of V have been championing her return since the remake was first floated, due to her impact in the 1980s series.

Badler, who has been living in Australia, has most recently been seen as a soapie bitch in Neighbours(Aussie Tv Soap Opera) (also named Diana in tribute). Two weeks ago she appeared at a sci-fi forum at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image where she told fans she had to ‘audition’ for the role by sending a video to the US to prove she “still had it.” No doubt those Neighbours scenes came in handy.

After freely admitting there have been many quiet years, it’s great to see her in demand once again.
She heads off for a long stint in the US this week.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/08/jan ... ent-171833
Good News.. I met her briefly at a Con years ago and she signed my V soundtracks (which had a picture of Diana on it). I wonder if she will be swallowing anymore Guinea Pigs like she did in the original?. which i had a nightmare back in the 80's :lol:

Hey i found it on youtube :lol:
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Re: Jane Badler to return to V

Postby Linnea » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:11 am

That looks cheesy now but I remember seeing that for the first time and nearly screaming in horror. She was brilliant in that part, in fact everyone was great. Marc Singer...mmmm.

I started watching the new version but I didn't even make it through the first episode.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Re: Jane Badler to return to V

Postby sledge » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:17 am

Linnea wrote:That looks cheesy now but I remember seeing that for the first time and nearly screaming in horror. She was brilliant in that part, in fact everyone was great. Marc Singer...mmmm.

I started watching the new version but I didn't even make it through the first episode.

Yep Linnea when Diana swallowed that guinea pig in V i had nightmares and it was lively discussion at school the next day. Someone yelled out in the classroom 'Did ya see that Alien Lady swallowing that Guinea Pig? ' and the teacher thought he was on LSD :lol:
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Return to Sledge's Sci-Fi Paradise