Terra Nova to film in Australia

Sci-Fi news & discussions.

Moderator: sledge

Terra Nova to film in Australia

Postby sledge » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:12 am

Just saw this now and its going to be filmed in my backyard. How Nice! :watergun:
Steven Spielberg’s next television project, Terra Nova, will film in Australia at the end of the year.
The 13 part series will focus on an ordinary family from 2149 when the planet is dying, who are transported back 85 million years to prehistoric Earth where they join Terra Nova, a colony of humans with a second chance to build a civilisation.

Each episode will cost a massive US$4 million. Because of the huge costs involved, the first 13 episodes will be filmed together to avoid extra start up and shut down expenses.
Jason O’Mara (Life on Mars US) is currently in negotiations about playing Jim Shannon, a father with a shady past who helps his family adapt to their new lifestyle.
O’Mara would be the first actor to become a cast member.

The series will air on FOX in 2011 with Fringe’s Alex Graves to direct.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/06/ter ... ralia.html

[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Re: Terra Nova to film in Australia

Postby Linnea » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:34 am

I just got a jolt when I saw the name Jason O'Mara, I loved him in our version of "Life on Mars" and it doesn't hurt that he's very good looking. Sounds like the visuals are going to be stunning with that price tag, I hope the writing is as good.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Return to Sledge's Sci-Fi Paradise