Leasing another vehicle

Fixing & enjoying cars, trucks, & more.

Moderator: shimmy

Leasing another vehicle

Postby Marie5656 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:18 pm

Well, back in February we leased a Nissan Cube...and really like it. Problem is, Rick's pickup has been dying a slow, agonizing death. Rick hs decided that he has put WAY too much money into it this year alone, and has said enough already. So today, we went back to he Nissan dealer and Rick said, show us your stuff. He wanted to either go for another pickup, or something with AWD. The pickup he looked at, a Frontier, was OK..but a bit more than we wanted to go for, plus, with myu bad leg, a bitch for me to get in and out of. SO we looked at a Rogue, which also has AWD of some sort..we both liked it, and spent an hour going back and forth with the guy with the power getting a lease deal and a monthly payment we could live with. So we are pickin it up Tuesday or Wednesday..depending on when they get all the registering, and tagging done for it. It is a 2010, black, and not too bad. I could not convince him to pick the blue one..he said it was TOO blue. Oh well.

Marie5656
Global Moderator

Re: Leasing another vehicle

Postby Marie5656 » Sun May 30, 2010 12:04 am

I think we will like it. It handled well, and a friend of Ricks said it was great this past winter. One thing we have decided is that all of our cars from now on will be leases. Here is what we figure...while we are not yet ancient, we are both in our later 50's, and the clock is not winding backward. If something were to happen to one of us, it would be easier to transfer the lease on the secnd vehicle to another person, or just give it back to dealer at end of lease and no worries. Plus, the warranties will last the life of the lease.
I have learned a lot about cars since being with Rick, but if I am bringing one of our cars (or Helping Kim bring her van) in for service, I will have Rick tell me what to say to the guy..so it at least shows I have an idea of what he should be doing. Just last week, Kim got a quote for some service work on her van...and I will admit I called my husband to ask if it was an OK quote. It was. I am lame. Oh well.
Marie5656
Global Moderator

Return to Shimmy's Things On Wheels