Booze

Grow it, cook it, eat it, drink it.

Moderator: Marie5656

Booze

Postby Cynicalninja » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:48 am

I used to drink quite heavily as a younger man but now as an older fart I don't have the physical means or the will to drink heavily.

Nowadays I shell out a few pounds more for a better quality wine, prefer a four pack of quality beer as opposed to a six pack of average suds, like to make myself a nice cocktail as opposed to buying cheap spirits.

What are your drinking habits?, have they changed over time?
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Re: Booze

Postby Marie5656 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:56 am

Good question, ninja. For me, I have never been a big drinker. When I would go out with friends, it was not unusual for me to buy a mug of beer and just carry it around for the whole evening. I rarely have more than two drinks when I am out. Drink even less at home...I mix myself a nice vodka lemonade or rum and Coke.
Marie5656
Global Moderator

Postby Boba » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:07 pm

I will usually have a beer or three when I get home from work. It's kind of funny, I really don't drink on the weekends. I am not much for harder stuff, although a friend of mine gave me some Pendelton. It's kind of hard to find, but definately worth the search.

http://www.whiskeywise.com/Pendleton-Whisky.html

I keep a bottle in my freezer for the occasional nip when I want a treat. It is a VERY smooth sipping whiskey.
Boba
Contributor

Postby Linnea » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:14 pm

I've cut WAY back on the booze, I might drink three boxes of wine (what, I LIKE boxed wine!) in a year. That's about it.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Return to Marie's Kitchen