The Bar is now open

Grow it, cook it, eat it, drink it.

Moderator: Marie5656

The Bar is now open

Postby Marie5656 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:37 pm

What is any good kitchen without a bar..for some toddies while eating? Post some favorites here. And we are an equal opportunity bar..we serve all of our drinks without alcohol if you wish.

One of my favorite quick summer toddies is vodka and lemonade...lots of ice. A nice cooling drink for me. Sometimes I will add a cut up strawberry, if I have any..or some marachino cherries.

Marie5656
Global Moderator

Re: The Bar is now open

Postby Linnea » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Marie5656 wrote:What is any good kitchen without a bar..for some toddies while eating? Post some favorites here. And we are an equal opportunity bar..we serve all of our drinks without alcohol if you wish.

One of my favorite quick summer toddies is vodka and lemonade...lots of ice. A nice cooling drink for me. Sometimes I will add a cut up strawberry, if I have any..or some marachino cherries.

That sounds delicious. I used to like vodka sours but they got me pretty drunk. I haven't had vodka in so long I can't remember... maybe I should try your suggestion.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Marie5656 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Linnea..it is great, especially since I amm not a big drinker. Here is something to do with the marachino cherries, though...get a small jar of them, drain out all the juice and then add vodka...let it soak in for a dayor so before trying them. First time I ate a vodka spiked cherry, though, no one told me..and I had a bit of a shock. :toast:
Marie5656
Global Moderator

Postby Marie5656 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Hey..it is summertime..and we need some cool summer drinks. Any suggestions? I have one, a grown up take on the classic milkshake. Easy enough...make yourself your favorite shake...for this I would suggest chocolate or vanilla work best...and add a shot of either Kahlua or Baily's Irish cream. Great. And they go down well.
Marie5656
Global Moderator

Postby Marie5656 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:18 pm

Rick and I went out to dinner to day. Had a chocolate martini..shaken not stirred, of course. It was GREAT. The one I had mixed vanilla vodka and kahula. Quite good.
Attachments
chocolate-cream-martini-oh-1923447-l.jpg
chocolate-cream-martini-oh-1923447-l.jpg (18.19 KiB) Viewed 3621 times
Marie5656
Global Moderator

Return to Marie's Kitchen