The Life and Death of Myra Hindley. Moors murderess

Stories, poems, lyrics, articles & reviews.

Re: The Life and Death of Myra Hindley. Moors murderess

Postby Linnea » Tue May 04, 2010 6:30 pm

That was an interesting post. I can't help noticing how manly she looks in that photo, apropo of nothing.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Brian » Tue May 04, 2010 6:44 pm

After a case like that, it's astonishing to me that Great Britain abolished the death penalty. She's pretty much the poster child for it.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby MADNOTBAD » Wed May 05, 2010 4:26 am

Good Morning Folks on this beautiful early sunny morning. Thought I'd pop in for a quick snoop before we go to the polls to elect our Prime Minister today.

Good point Brian about the death penalty. I support the death penalty as i have always believed that some will never be fit for society so why should the tax payer pay to keep them? However, In her case and In another particually scum individual called Ian Huntly, I'm actually pleased it is not in place. Myra Hindly craved one thing in her life.... Parole. Unlike her partner in crime, Ian Bradey, she was sane when she carried out her hienious crimes and she was still sane the day she died. During her life imprisonment, she made many applications for parole and was always denied. Long since dead, we had a loony leftie called Lord Longford' who tirelessly campaigned for her release. She was one hard cold calculating bitch who orchestrated her bids for parole by claiming she had turned to god but thank god they all failed. The body of young 'Kieth Bennet' has never been found and to this day his poor mother 'Winnie' never knew what became of him nor been able to bring him home for a Christian Burial. In one of her bids for freedom she offered after over 20 years to take detectives back to the moor to try to find his body. Again, his mothers hopes were raised and dashed. With the ever advancing progress of DNA I myself don't believe she really wanted to locate his body after all those years for the good of his mother... more like the parole board would be swayed by her seemingly show of passion.
When some-one craves freedom to the extent she did, far far better to keep them locked up for life. She denied those poor children their lives... why any-one ever wanted her released is beyond me.
A few days after she died of natural causes there was a fitting photograph in one of our newspapers. My apologies as I have searched the web but can not find it for you. Her ashes were scattered on Saddleworth Moor which was her wish. The very place she buried those children. It was a very windy day and no sooner had the urn been tipped upside down to scatter them, the wind picked them all up and blew theminto the trunk of a tree. Almost as though God was looking on, a little dog came by, cocked his leg against the tree and pissed all over her ashes... And that little dog summed up the feeling of people in this country for decades.

Ian Huntly Is serving life here for the murder of two little 10 year old girls. No-one knows what he did to them as only he knows and he's not telling. After killing them, he threw their little bodies into a ditch, poured petrol over them and set fire to their bodies. Their parents will most likely go to their graves never knowing how he killed them or what he did to them before-hand. Like Hindly, huntly craves suicide. He has made many failed bids and recently had his throat slashed by another in-mate.. He craves death so much to escape his nighmare that leaving him in prison to rot for the rest of his life is the best possible justice.
MADNOTBAD

Postby MADNOTBAD » Wed May 05, 2010 7:21 am

Your right LC :WTF: I got up very early this morning all excited about election day and then realised it was tomorrow. I have had coffee and Ciggerettes ( a scottish breakfast) and normal service has been resumed.

Your probably right about the story of her ashes, the newspapers do love a yarn but her descision to have her resting place so close to the children only brought further heartbreak for the familie's. One of her last writings was that this was an area where her and Brady never went but even so, was it a calculated two finger salute to choose a spot only ten miles away?
MADNOTBAD

Postby MADNOTBAD » Thu May 06, 2010 11:05 am

lady cop wrote::angryfire: :angryfire:

Something I always found quite sinister and macabre about her was that Saddleworth Moor is a vast bleak desolate area. Most people only go to the edge of the moor to walk dogs. There is nothing on it so to go into the heart of the moor is futile unless you want to get lost and possibly die of hypothermia up there. Yet, It just seems her and Bradey were forever up there posing for photographs. Strange or what ???
MADNOTBAD

Return to 24's Library