Go Obama Go...

Discuss firearms and Second Amendment issues.

Moderator: Boba

Go Obama Go...

Postby Boba » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:47 pm

I am encouraged by the latest from our Dear Leader, Chairman MAObama. His willingness to circumvent the US Constitution just may be his downfall.

All gun talk aside, how does everyone feel about his willingness to issue Executive Orders to get his way about anything he KNOWS he wouldn't be able to get through Congress? Does this concern anyone other then me?

God help us.
Boba
Contributor

Re: Go Obama Go...

Postby Millennium » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:48 pm

I have had it with him, I used to want him impeached, now I want the bastard hung for treason.
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Boba » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Wait.
Boba
Contributor

Postby Brian » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:57 pm

The thing that disturbs me, even more than the executive orders themselves, is the incredibly shitty way that the orders are being reported.

First and foremost, what isn't getting reported is that these aren't "orders". They're "actions", as in "Actions we're going to take". Most of them are incredibly vague and toothless. Here's the full list:

1. "Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system."

2. "Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

3. "Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system."

4. "Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks."

5. "Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun."

6. "Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers."

7. "Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign."

8. "Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission)."

9. "Issue a presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations."

10. "Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement."

11. "Nominate an ATF director."

12. "Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations."

13. "Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime."

14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

15. "Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies."

16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

18. "Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers."

19. "Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education."

20. "Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover."

21. "Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges."

22. "Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations."

23. "Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health."
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Boba » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Thanks for posting this Brian. You're right. They are mostly toothless bullshit that simply says 'We would like to...'

That being said, where do you think this is going?

President Obama renewed his threat Monday to use executive orders to push through controversial gun control measures with or without Congress’ blessing.

The president made his comments during the final news conference of his first term.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01 ... z2IBj3tXuU

Question: How many of the top 20 guns used to commit a crime will be banned by an assault weapons ban????????.......................................The answer is 0.

So why go after those weapons? Come on Brian, you're a sharp guy (I really mean that).....think about it
Boba
Contributor

Postby Brian » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 pm

Boba:

To be honest, from the stuff I've been able to read lately, "assault weapon" is a bullshit term to begin with. It's basically shorthand for "big, scary gun", isn't it?

In answer to your question: I think such a ban would do almost nothing. I could certainly be wrong, but that's my guess.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Boba » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:10 pm

Brian wrote:Boba:

To be honest, from the stuff I've been able to read lately, "assault weapon" is a bullshit term to begin with. It's basically shorthand for "big, scary gun", isn't it?

In answer to your question: I think such a ban would do almost nothing. I could certainly be wrong, but that's my guess.

Congradulations!! You are beginning to see clearly. Less then 2% of the violent crime in this country is comitted with an "Assault Weapon". Besides that fact, I would much rather be hit by assault weapon then a shotgum (at less than 50 yards). An assault rifle is a longer range gun. it gives you the ability to hit targets at further distances. Within 50 yards (Where most crime occurs) I would much rather have a sawed off shotgun or a hand gun. That is why I whole heartedly agree with your statement that the ban is bullshit.

The question then becomes, "Why would Obama want to ban a longer range rifle?" You can draw your own conclusions.

Again, realize that the 2nd Ammendant has NOTHING to do with hunting, Target shooting or Home Defence.
Boba
Contributor

Postby Quicksilver » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:25 am

"25 states allow anyone to buy a gun, strap it on, and walk down the street with no permit of any kind: some say it's crazy.
However, 4 out of 5 US murders are committed in the other half of the country, so who's crazy?" Andrew Ford

:bomb: :ballgun: :rockon: :guitar1: :goodpost: :watergun: :crybaby2: :thumbleft:
Before every action and decision think of the consequences 7 generations into the future....Ute Rule of Life
Quicksilver

Postby Millennium » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:43 am

I no longer call them "assault weapons" I call them "Defense Weapons"....
Save America, IMPEACH OBAMA! And continue tossing out the deadbeat Democrats that are currently in office.
Millennium
Contributor

Postby Boba » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:18 am

Quicksilver wrote:"25 states allow anyone to buy a gun, strap it on, and walk down the street with no permit of any kind: some say it's crazy.
However, 4 out of 5 US murders are committed in the other half of the country, so who's crazy?" Andrew Ford

:bomb: :ballgun: :rockon: :guitar1: :goodpost: :watergun: :crybaby2: :thumbleft:

:goodpost: Your post illistrates what most knowledgeable people have been saying: Guns don't kill people; People kill People.

It's really quite simple, would you rather rob or commit a crime against an armed person, or an unarmed person?
Boba
Contributor

Next

Return to Boba's Keep And Bear Arms