Page 1 of 1

Donations

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:31 pm
by Brian
Hi, Everyone.

Just a little note to let everyone know that we're still taking donations for the site. (Yeah, that "Donate" button isn't there for decoration! :D) We did pretty well on our last donation drive, but switching hosts this week had some additional costs involved, so if you can, please dig deep and help us out. Your donation will pay for the more reliable servers we're on now. :)

Brian

Re: Donations

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:34 pm
by Millennium
Brian wrote:Hi, Everyone.

Just a little note to let everyone know that we're still taking donations for the site. (Yeah, that "Donate" button isn't there for decoration! :D) We did pretty well on our last donation drive, but switching hosts this week had some additional costs involved, so if you can, please dig deep and help us out. Your donation will pay for the more reliable servers we're on now. :)

Brian



I see some that offered to donate still haven't.

Re: Donations

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:38 pm
by Brian
Millennium wrote:
Brian wrote:Hi, Everyone.

Just a little note to let everyone know that we're still taking donations for the site. (Yeah, that "Donate" button isn't there for decoration! :D) We did pretty well on our last donation drive, but switching hosts this week had some additional costs involved, so if you can, please dig deep and help us out. Your donation will pay for the more reliable servers we're on now. :)

Brian



I see some that offered to donate still haven't.


Hi, Mill.

I want to stress that just because someone doesn't have "Contributor" by their name, it doesn't necessarily mean they failed to contribute to the cause. Putting "Contributor" by someone's name involves a rank change in the system that I have to do manually for each person, so it's possible I missed someone's donation. (Remember: When I get the notice from PayPal for a donation, the notice has a person's e-mail address, which may or may not be related to the address they registered with here.) If anyone has contributed but doesn't have a Contributor rank, please let me know. Thanks to all who consider donation. :)

Re: Donations

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:43 pm
by Millennium
Brian wrote:
Millennium wrote:
Brian wrote:Hi, Everyone.

Just a little note to let everyone know that we're still taking donations for the site. (Yeah, that "Donate" button isn't there for decoration! :D) We did pretty well on our last donation drive, but switching hosts this week had some additional costs involved, so if you can, please dig deep and help us out. Your donation will pay for the more reliable servers we're on now. :)

Brian



I see some that offered to donate still haven't.


Hi, Mill.

I want to stress that just because someone doesn't have "Contributor" by their name, it doesn't necessarily mean they failed to contribute to the cause. Putting "Contributor" by someone's name involves a rank change in the system that I have to do manually for each person, so it's possible I missed someone's donation. (Remember: When I get the notice from PayPal for a donation, the notice has a person's e-mail address, which may or may not be related to the address they registered with here.) If anyone has contributed but doesn't have a Contributor rank, please let me know. Thanks to all who consider donation. :)




slacker.. :bootyshake:

Re: Donations

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:38 pm
by Linnea
I didn't donate but I bribed Brian to put contributor by my name.

Re: Donations

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:58 pm
by Marie5656
If and when I do donate, and I probably will..I would actually prefer to NOT have the contributor designation. Asw long as YOU know I contributed, that should be enough. :dontknow:

Re: Donations

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:05 pm
by Brian
Marie5656 wrote:If and when I do donate, and I probably will..I would actually prefer to NOT have the contributor designation. Asw long as YOU know I contributed, that should be enough. :dontknow:


If you don't want it, that's fine, Marie. I just want to make sure I give credit to those who want it. :D

Re: Donations

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:06 pm
by Brian
Linnea wrote:I didn't donate but I bribed Brian to put contributor by my name.


Donation...bribe. Ketchup...catsup. ;)